item prices to include gst

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MishMas65
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

item prices to include gst

I need to enter my items and service prices including gst. I can only see the option to do this excluding gst. Are we able to do this now. I noticed there was a post re this back in 2014! Has this issue been solved and if so how do I do it?

5 REPLIES 5
Experienced User LJM14
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Re: item prices to include gst

Still unresolved. I am sure this is a very simple fix and yet MYOB are more concerned about raising their subscription prices and not about resolving simple issues. Very frustrating glitch in the system.

GlennSparrow
38 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

38Posts

58Kudos

0Solutions

When you are creating an invoice there is the option to select wether the items are GST Inclusive or GST Exlcusive.  

MYOB Staff Post Ella1234
56 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
New Zealand
MYOB Staff Post

56Posts

27Kudos

3Solutions

Hey @MishMas65 @LJM14

Thank you for using the MYOB Forum. It is a good source of information on all of our products.

In essentials you can tell the system whether your prices are GST inclusive or exclusive in the top right hand side. This lets you put in teh GST inclusive prices, and it remembers your preference from last time too.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Ella

Experienced User LJM14
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Ella1234

Thanks for taking the time to reply. If you are referring to the option of GST INCLUSIVE/GST EXCLUSIVE on the invoicing page, this does not correct the issue at hand. All of my invoicing is GST INCLUSIVE and my preference is set this way for invoicing.

All of my items are GST INCLUSIVE and this is where the problem arrises.

When creating an ITEM my only option is to enter the SELL PRICE - EXCLUDING TAX. This means with every item I am manually calculating the sell price - Price including GST divided by 1.1  = sell price excluding tax.

This however presents an additional issue with cents rounding:

eg. My Item is for sale at $85 inclusive of GST. So when creating an item I calculate the GST exclusive total $85/1.1 = $77.272727272727272) When I create quotes/invoices and select this item it will default to a sale price of $84.997 and each time I manually adjust this to correct the figure to $85.

Marisol
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have the exact same problem.  Clearly, MYOB should just give us the option to save the item as including tax.  The whole point of having items is to save time putting them in the invoice but at the moment, with the cents being off, I am editing each item manually for every invoice.  Almost defeats the purpose of having "items" in the first place.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post