MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

"Sent" status no longer works

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Qld_M-K
2 Posts
Cover User
Qld_M-K
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

"Sent" status no longer works

It used to be that after I had printed an invoice, or emailed it to a client that the invoice was ticked as "sent", but since the start of December, that no longer happens.  I have reprinted invoices, re-emailed invoices, but nothing I do makes them "sent" and I can't manually over-ride this.

Ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Experienced Cover User SueMesz
62 Posts
Experienced Cover User
SueMesz
Experienced Cover User

62Posts

62Kudos

0Solutions

Re: "Sent" status no longer works

I've noticed the same, and it's since the offer to upgrade to the "online" invoices which came along with the enhanced activity list at the bottom of the invoice page itself. Interestingly that now shows that the email was sent and to whom (nice!) but it doesn't show it as having been printed. While MYOB doesn't know the printer printed it, it does assume that if it's been "printed" that it has been "sent", so it could also add an activity item that it's been "printed".

2 ticks would be nice, one for "printed" and one for "emailed". Then it's quite clear what actions have been taken without going inside the invoice.

Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Tallie_M
Former Staff

4461Posts

301Kudos

698Solutions

Hi there @Qld_M-K and @SueMesz,

Welcome to the Community Forum; we do hope you find it a valuable tool.

We are currently tracking reports of this issue, and have raised this with the product development team. While it is undergoing investigation, we'll continue to post updates as we receive them.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
62 Posts
Experienced Cover User
SueMesz
Experienced Cover User

62Posts

62Kudos

0Solutions

Seems to be working again.

Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Tallie_M
Former Staff

4461Posts

301Kudos

698Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi there @SueMesz,

The issue had been found to be related to our latest Online Invoicing update, which was released sometime last week.

After it was officially turned on across all MYOB Essentials businesses a few days ago, the problem was addressed and is now resolved.

Please don't hesitate to post again anytime you require.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
62 Posts
Experienced Cover User
SueMesz
Experienced Cover User

62Posts

62Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, am trying to click on the "accept as solution" button but it's not active on my interace!

I have another idea related to this and will post it to "new ideas" but also here:

The new feature of logging the activity on the invoice page is very informative wrt having emailed the invoice out. I can understand NOT putting a line for when a print action is requested because you can't be sure that the invoice was actually printed (BUT you do assume it has been printed and mailed when you reset the "email" button to "resend"). Would it be possible to be able to add a "comment" and have it listed in the activity log? For example I might invoice the customer, email it to the customer, and then print it to use as a delivery slip. When I deliver the product (or ship it) I could add a comment "items shipped on date...." and see that on the activity history. Essentially any comment about the invoice and/or transaction could appear here.

thanks,

sue

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,566 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28566Posts

3368Kudos

4199Solutions

Hi @SueMesz

Its great to hear that you would like to mark the post as a solution. Currently the way the Community Forum is structured only the original poster can mark a post as a solution, so in this case @Qld_M-K. However based on your feedback, I've marked @Tallie_M's post as a solution.

I see you have you have posted your idea in regards to a comment on MYOB Essentials Idea: Add a comment to the invoice activity history log I would encourage other users that you would to see this idea included to show their support for that idea. You can show your support by voting (selecting the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name) and commenting if required.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post