Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Setup: User Accounts/restricting users

Trusted Partner

79Posts

106Kudos

5Solutions

79 Posts
Trusted Partner

When I demonstrated LiveAccounts early on to an accounting firm I get referrals from the initital response was "What about User Accounts and restricted access"?  Any plans on this front?

"User Accounts/restricting users"

Current Status: Planned
Last Changed: November 2016

Thank you all for your feedback. User access management is certainly a popular requested feature, we are pleased to let you know that our developers are targeting this in 2017.

Please continue casting your vote if you are interested in this idea, and leave any detailed suggestions to our developers in the comment section. 

76 Comments
1 Post
Cover User

Is this in motion. Really what business will leave vulnerable information in the hands of anybody???????

8 Posts
Cover User

It has to be the slowest software company in thw world to add a little feature in the software. I wonder if the developers are good enough that first of all they missed out such an important and then taking SIX long years to cnosider and add it. Or there is something else I am missing? High time to move to another more customer savvy company like Xero?  

Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Are there any updates regarding when we are likely to see this feature added?

We are a growing business and need to add more staff but find that this is a serious privacy concern for us. We need to add new users for data entry but we don't want to be giving them access to all of our payroll information and financial reports....

If this isn't happening soon we are going to have to look at other alternatives as unfortunately there are no other MYOB products that suit our needs Smiley Sad

8 Posts
Cover User

Hi there, any update on thos one? I was advised that developers will work on it in 2017, now that almost half of 2017 is gone, can they please work in it? 

3 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

Noted in Essentials there are only 2 user levels, standard or administrator.

Suggest to have more user levels with different roles and restrictions.

It would be really helpful to have different level of users in this product, as each level has its restrictions and access level for control purposes.

Regards.

1 Post
Cover User

This needs to be a priority, there is no need for some users to be able to access accounts and payroll. Infact when you learn MYOB as part of a bookkeeping course they teach you about the differing levels of access and how this is essential in maintaining confidentiality and security of data. How is this not availble already?? 

8 Posts
Cover User

In technology, first mover advantage is huge and it is the reason that Microsoft is still the dominant software provider in the world, while Apple leads smartphones. Likewise, Xero has had a head start several years ago in developing cloud based accounting software. That means that it has more experience in designing, deploying and tailoring software updates to be delivered via the cloud. This shows with regular updates to their software for their clients whilst MYOB is still attempting to get the same level of precision and responsiveness. Iam now convinced of this. Xero may cost slightly more, but we see value.

We all should plan a mass exit and may be then MYOB would understand people power given that this thread has been going on for ages.

Come this 1st July, Bye bye MYOB. 

1 Post
Cover User

HI about having the ability to bar certain areas if required from 'std ' users?? Everyone who has access to invoicing can see payroll!!! No way of limiting this to admins only. No options to reduce the access to areas if required. Seriously?? 

3 Posts
Cover User

For what it's worth, we have made the decision to migrate our company away from MYOB to Xero based on this issue. 

We held out as long as we could, but we're done. 

1 Post
Cover User

Dear Sir/ Madam,

We ordered MYOB with payroll for 2.5 years, as the company is growing, we employed an accountant admin to process the bookkeeping works, and at this stage, payroll is controlled by another person.

So I am writing to query: if it possible to develop the users option to allow separate user for using the payroll function.

Kind Regard,

DGJ