Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

No Bank File Generated

Payroll run was done this afternoon and no Bank file was generated. Im not sure how the employees will be paid now and how IRD lodgement will be done. 

Other companies have improvements in their payroll system but seems MYOB has gone back in time.

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,424 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,424Posts

5,740Kudos

6,334Solutions

Re: No Bank File Generated

Hi @Shalveen 

Bank files can be generated within MYOB Essentials (NZ) after finalising your pays. The user would encounter the following message allowing them to download that bank file.

Capture.PNG

If you accidentally selected the Done option or need a copy of that generated bank file one can be found by navigating to Payroll>>Past pay runs. This will provide you with a list of pay runs processed allowing you to re-print/email the pay slips as well as re-generate the bank file.

Should the Bank file prompt not have occurred or the download option in the Past pay runs not be selectable it tends to indicate that the settings are not configured correctly within your MYOB Essentials. As such, I would recommend reviewing the following:

• Business Name Menu>>Payroll Settings>>Pay employees user bank files needs to be enabled and the required information entered.
  • Within the employee records, under the Employee details>>Banking section the Employee bank details will need to be entered.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Shalveen
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have attached the Payroll setting as well as option that doesnt show bank file can be download. Let me know if you can somehow generate the bank file as i need to pay staff today.

payroll setting.PNG
Past payroll.PNG
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,424 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,424Posts

5,740Kudos

6,334Solutions

Hi @Shalveen 

Have you added the employee banking details to their employee details?

It should also be noted that adding details will only work going forward i.e. previous pays would not show that Download option. If that is required, you would be looking at deleting that pay and then reprocess it again to generate that bank file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post