Contributing User endofyearfrust
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

customer service issue

called on the 10.07 and was on hold for 40 minutes before someone answered- the customer service agent took more than 1 hour to edit my email address which is not the reason I called- after talking and being put on hold for more than 1 hour and 20 minutes i asked to speak to technical support about end of year online payroll and was told that all technical support were on a break and i should call back in 20 minutes - so i asked that every technical person in myob was on a break and was told yes so i asked to speak to a supervisor and i was told all supervisors were busy and i should call back in 24-48 hours - i advised him this was not good enough and eventually he put me thru to a supervisor after another 10 minute hold and the supervisor  Kimberly finally put me onto technical support were i was again placed on hold after 20 minutes of being on hold the call dropped out 

So i have called back again and am currently on hold again after more then 45 minutes with at this stage no answer to my end of year query

now 53 minutes into the call and y customer service person is being directed by technical people who wont take the time to chat to me they keep doing it thru the service guy and still the issue is not resolved 

myob call.jpg
myob in hold.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Maxine_BC
849 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

849Posts

158Kudos

0Solutions

Re: customer service issue

Hey @endofyearfrust,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with our phone team. I understand how valuable your time is and really appreciate the patience you have shown.

If your issue still hasn't been resolved, are you able to please provide some details? Myself or someone from the forum would be happy to try and help you out.

Apologies again.

Cheers,
Maxine

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

At this stage i am still on hold after 1 hour and 2 minutes and counting 

1 hour and 15 minutes on hold and the customer service has not been back to my call for over 15 minutes - so listening to the music over and over again

5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

the issue is when i try to download the EMPDUPE file it is converting it to an adobe file which the system does not support- i need someone to advise how to stop it from converting to adobe file and convert to right file so i can send to ato- so far about over 2 hours on phone with myob no solution and customer service wont transfer me to technical support

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,267 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,267Posts

4,284Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @endofyearfrust 

When you save an EMPUDPE file it will have the extension .A01 As this is not a known file extension with Windows, if that file is attempted to be opened it would prompt the user to select which product to open the file in. Typically, Adobe Reader is the first product in the list, which is why it gets associated with that program, and from then on (unless changed) it would be associate EMPUDE files with Adobe Reader.

In most cases, this is just how Windows is attempting to read the file it will not prevent the file from being uploaded to the ATO or read by their software. Although, you would not be able to open that file on your computer. 

To remove that file association you would be looking at Set or Change File Associations & Extensions in Windows 10/8/7. Note: As this is outside of MYOB i.e. it is in relation to Windows, we do recommend contacting an IT person if you do require further assistance with removing that file association.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Thanks for the reply and yes this is exactly the answer to my issue- unfortunately none of the people i spoke to at MYOB for over 5 hours had this information - all of the customer service people that i spoke to tried to fix the issue themselves and were hesitate or refused to connect me to technical support to provide me with this answer - so after 5 hours on the phone issue was finally resolved and files sent thru to the ATO

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post