MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Paydirect online payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced User Danielle22
77 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Danielle22
Experienced User

77Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Paydirect online payments

Seeking advice re offering Paydirect as a payment option from an internal processing time and cost perspective versus only offering direct deposits to bank account..

Hoping you willing to assist in this regard.

1. Can customers pay their accounts using any debit card or
or is it only available to holder's of visa/Mastercard debit cards?
(I understand all credit cards can be used)

2. Partial payment has occurred on the majority of our invoices. IPlease advise if the clients will be able to pay outstanding balance on these invoices . I believe full payment will be requured on future invoices.

3. When payment is made the invoice will automatically close? How does the bank reconciliation work and is this a time consuming process if most clients pay a set amount. (I am assuming a recon is still required) and in this regard may be an adictionary time consuming task that is not required with direct deposit into the bank.

Any other advice is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
77 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Danielle22
Experienced User

77Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Paydirect

Please advise how Paydirect works in the below scenario:

A large portion of our clients have either made partial payments on their existing invoices or have a credit balance. We currently send out Statement of accounts and hence this scenario has not occurred.

Hopefully there is an easy solution in PayDirect :-)

77 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Danielle22
Experienced User

77Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Paydirect online payments

Please advise if you require further clarification.
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,711 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29711Posts

3631Kudos

4364Solutions

Re: Paydirect online payments

Hi @Danielle22

1. Any Mastercard or Visa card can be used to pay invoices using Online Payments. As a general rule provided the card has the Mastercard or Visa icon on it this can be used for Online payments.
  2. Online payments are used to pay off the remaining balance of the invoice for when it was sent. So, in theory, a customer can pay an invoice, you can record a partial payment in the software and then send the invoice with an outstanding balance, the customer can then pay the outstanding balance using the Online Payments portal. Although, currently partial payments can't be made, for example, say the invoice is for $100, you wouldn't be able to do 2x $50 payments via the Online Payments Portal, the full $100 would need to be paid in the one transaction.

3. When a payment does come in, the required invoice is closed off in the company file and then the transaction will go into the Undeposited funds account. You can then tick the relevant transaction(s) in the Prepare Bank Deposit window to process them to the required bank account so they appear for reconciliation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post