LorraineH
1 Post
User
LorraineH

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB 13 - Installation Lost - Need to access .dat files

I purchased MYOB some years ago and all was well - until recently when I had a hard disc failure.  Local computer repair man managed to retrieve the MYOB .dat files from the failed hard drive.

I was all ready to upgrade to the latest version of MYOB when I found the latest version doesn't cater for the UK (I'm in the UK).

Rang MYOB support and explained my problem and they sent me over MYOB16 installation files (as they didn't think they have the MYOB13 installation files and MYOB16 was the last version that should cater for UK).  However, I installed MYOB16 but when I try and open my .dat files I get:

"The company file you have selected is customised for Great Britain.  This version of the program is for use in Australia.  Please contact your dealer for information about the correct version of the upgrade assistant".

Have emailed MYOB twice to see if they can send over the correct version of upgrade assistant that caters for UK but have no reply to either email.  I can't afford to keep ringing (last phone call cost around £75). 

I desparately need to get my accounts to accountant but I can't get any access to the information held in the MYOB13 .dat files.

Does anyone know where/how I can get a copy of MYOB13 - or a version of  MYOB16 that will open a UK file or know of any other software that will do a direct import/convert of of MYOB13 .dat files?

2 REPLIES
Ultimate User gavin12345
1,853 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

1853Posts

1470Kudos

284Solutions

Re: MYOB 13 - Installation Lost - Need to access .dat files

Hi @LorraineH

Try the UK MYOB user Group - http://myobusergroupltd.onefireplace.org/

Regards

Gavin

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
22,978 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

22978Posts

2609Kudos

3279Solutions

Re: MYOB 13 - Installation Lost - Need to access .dat files

Hi @LorraineH

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

MYOB Australia no longer supports or provided installations media for the United Kingdom products.  As you have indicated, we are able to provide a download link for Accounting v16 and later for the Australian version of the product. 

If you do require support for an MYOB United Kingdom product I would contact Visma who, through my understanding,  holds the MYOB software licence for the United Kingdom.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post