Partner Zone
Partner Zone

MYOB File Size

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Trusted Partner LFW02
90 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
LFW02
Trusted Partner

90Posts

62Kudos

4Solutions

MYOB File Size

Hi all

With Multicurrency getting closer, I have clients that are looking to upgrade however reports suggest that anything over about 300 MB in AR2018 will struggle, particularly with reports. As these clients have files from 500-800Mb (working beautifully in Classic) I'm extremely hesitant to go down this road so any input/advise would be appreciated

Lynne Wagner
Zebra Accounting and Business Systems
PO Box 234
SHERWOOD QLD 4075
Ph: 0408 990 121
email: lynne@zabs.com.au
2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,381 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11381Posts

1301Kudos

1603Solutions

Re: MYOB File Size

HI @LFW02

Generally speaking the larger the online file is, there may be more noticeable performance issues. In part this is caused by the fact that there are simply more steps between where the file is stored and your computer. If you are concerned about the size of the file, then it’s worth doing some preparation for the file before upgrading it.

Before doing all of the preparation, I’d recommend making sure that there is an up to date backup of the file. This can be used for historical records and looking up older transactions.

In terms of doing the preparation I recommend having a look at our Forum post, Preparing your company file for upgrading, which steps through some of the more common preparation steps for getting a file ready to upgrade to AccountRight 201X.

If you have followed the steps in that post and are still finding that the file size is still on the large size then you may also want to have a look at another Forum post, Upgrading larger data files. This post deals with some more extreme methods on reducing file size

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,678 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2678Posts

2048Kudos

385Solutions

Re: MYOB File Size

Hi @LFW02

A test drive using a copy of your company file is highly recommended before committing. You can test with a copy of your own file by registering for a trial. MYOB will allocate a new serial number - use that to activate the test file.

Follow links provided by @Neil_M to get the file size as small as you can.

Test locally to gauge performance. If acceptable, then try online. Online tends to be slower due to internet and server load issues.

FYI performance is just one of the issues you will face with AR2018. While there are a bunch of new features, many v19 users also find many annoying changes that slow processing. Proponents will tell you bank feeds will save you all this time, the savings are hugely overstated for the bulk of v19 users who upgrade.

Then there are the known bugs, problems identified by users that have not been fixed - you will see these in other forum posts. 

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post