Running Version 18. Need to upgrade. Suggestions Please.

stevensk
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Running Version 18. Need to upgrade. Suggestions Please.

Hi I am/was running MYOB Accounting Version 18. Yes very old version apparently but it did the job perfectly.  We don't pay wages and run a small farm.  Currently in the worst drought ever and Myob are insisting we spend non existant money to upgrade to a new version with ongoing fees.  Please, can someone give me any suggestions as to how I can get around this decommissioning of MYOB Accounting without it costing a fortune.  We have minimal income catagories and expense catagories and only need it for EOFY and BAS preparation. 

5 REPLIES 5
Valued User Robert_Mitchell
154 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

154Posts

43Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Running Version 18. Need to upgrade. Suggestions Please.

Why do you want to stop using it? I have clients on even older versions and they are fine. MYOB will continue to confirm these files and if they don't there are others who can help with this. As long as you keep strict backup protocols in case of corruption or other issues, you should be fine. There are cheap and free STP options if you do employ someone so I would continue as you are.

Cheers

Robert

154 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

154Posts

43Kudos

0Solutions

PS if phone support has told you that you MUST upgrade, then they are lying and you should report it to the ACCC.

Cheers

Robert

stevensk
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Robert

They have refused to issue any more confirmation codes for this version and insist I update to their monthly subscription service with the newest version.  They will not budge on this decision. I have 6 days to upgrade or lose my information. They are insisting we upgrade to either AccountRight or Essentials. 
154 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

154Posts

43Kudos

0Solutions

As I said this is a lie - now that you have posted on this Forum you will most likely find a Moderator will reply to you and confirm your file after asking you to private message your Serial Number, etc. (on Monday not the weekend). The Moderators regularly apologise on here for phone support's "incorrect" information. You can ask for a recording of the conversation for submission to the ACCC as this has been happening for 2 years and many have been caught out at great cost. 

Cheers

Robert

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,659 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,659Posts

4,356Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @stevensk 

I can see that you have since spoken with our phone-based team who have sent you out a quote for a potential upgrade to the latest version of the program and also from what I can see have assisted with confirming the company file. 

If that company file does still require confirmation do select to confirm the company file online and it should confirm as intended. Do let us know if you are still unable to confirm that file so we can offer further assistance with your enquiry.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post