Australia
Jenny-Accounts
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrade Failure V19.5 to 2018.4.1

I am not able to upgrade from MYOB Premier v 19.5 to AccountRight v2018.4.1. I have tried several times, after several minutes of the upgrade process, I get an 'unsuccessful upgrade' message, with a log file.

Firstly, I am upgrading offline, and have no wish to upgrade to the online version, or upload the file online.  Also, I am doing the upgrade to test new features of MYOB, and not doing on our real 'live' database, until such time we have tested.

Secondly, I have verified the data successfully, and also run the optimisation assistant successfully, both before upgrading.

Thirdly, I have tried about five times with same result.  Using a fresh copy of our myob file each time (after verification and optimisation has already been done).

I am very frustrated, when trying to get help over the phone, after waiting 30 mintues to speak with someone they could not help, and said they would transfer  me to technical support, after another 30 minutes of waiting, I hung up in frustration.

During the upgrade, I was prompted with this message: 

"One or more items images cannot be found in a default graphic folder.  You can select another folder where the graphics could be found.  If you do not select a folder, images will not be upgraded.  Would you like to select another folder?" 

I select 'No', and the migration process continued.  After several more minutes, I get a message pop up "The company file cannot be upgraded.  Errors were found during the upgrade process."  I open the log file, and I get this:

Migration Warnings:
- Warning1 : ItemImage for ItemID - 1 File not found : C:\Users\Accounts\AppData\Local\MYOB\Temp\Graphics\001
- Warning2 : ItemImage for ItemID - 2 File not found : C:\Users\Accounts\AppData\Local\MYOB\Temp\Graphics\P1010028.JPG
- Warning3 : ItemImage for ItemID - 3 File not found : C:\Users\Accounts\AppData\Local\MYOB\Temp\Graphics\001

<<<<<<lines removed by myself as there are over 1000 lines with similar content>>>>>>

- Warning1118: ItemImage for ItemID - 1411 File not found : C:\Users\Accounts\AppData\Local\MYOB\Temp\Graphics\049
- Warning1119: Processing Sale and Purchase Transactions: The value for column 'ItemRecordId' in table 'SaleAndPurchaseLine' is DBNull.

Migration errors:
Source : UpgradeUtility
Method : Upgrade
Error : (UpgradeException):
Extra info : System.Data.StrongTypingException: The value for column 'ItemRecordId' in table 'SaleAndPurchaseLine' is DBNull. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
at MYOB.Huxley.UpgradeUtility.DataSets.SalesAndPurchasesLineDataSet.SaleAndPurchaseLineRow.get_ItemRecordId()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at MYOB.Huxley.UpgradeUtility.DataSets.SalesAndPurchasesLineDataSet.SaleAndPurchaseLineRow.get_ItemRecordId()
at MYOB.Huxley.UpgradeUtility.UpgradeStepsToV1.SaleAndPurchaseBusinessEventMigrationTask.CreateBusinessEventLine(Int32 eventType, SaleAndPurchaseRow saleAndPurchase, SaleAndPurchaseLineRow lineRow, IEnumerable`1 taxInformationRows, Boolean isTaxCollected)
at MYOB.Huxley.UpgradeUtility.UpgradeStepsToV1.SaleAndPurchaseBusinessEventMigrationTask.MigrateEvent(IEnumerable`1 cashTransactionSet)
at MYOB.Huxley.UpgradeUtility.UpgradeStepsToV1.SaleAndPurchaseTransactionsPostMigrateStep.ProcessStep()
at MYOB.Huxley.UpgradeUtility.UpgradeStep.Process()
at MYOB.Huxley.UpgradeUtility.UpgradeUtility.Upgrade()

Unsuccessful upgrade!

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,427 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30427Posts

3771Kudos

4438Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Upgrade Failure V19.5 to 2018.4.1

Hi @Jenny-Accounts

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the migration of your company file.

Migration warnings 1-1118 indicate that there images (generally ones added to items) that are not located in the Graphics folder. This is why you are getting that initial message asking you to select the folder location. This will not stop the file from migrating, you just will find that the images are not on the item cards after that migration has been completed.

Migration warning 1119 is the one that is causing the file to not migrate successfully. This is a situation that we have seen with the migrator in AccountRight 2018.4. We do have two options for you in regards to this one:

• Option 1: Download and install AccountRight 2018.3, upgrade that company file to that version of the program and the upgrade that file to AccountRight 2018.4.  The upgrade between 2018.3 and 2018.4 will use a different method.

• Option 2: Upgrade to AccountRight 2019.1 when it is available, later this calendar quarter, which is intended to fix the cause of that migration error.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jenny-Accounts
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Jenny-Accounts
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Upgrade Failure V19.5 to 2018.4.1

Upgrading to 2018.3 worked without issue.  Thank you for your prompt reply.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post