Upgrading Premier to AccountRight Live due to STP: Open Purchase Orders previous financial years

Highlighted
Experienced Partner DTull
25 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
DTull
Experienced Partner

25Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrading Premier to AccountRight Live due to STP: Open Purchase Orders previous financial years

Hi, I have a clients file that cant be upgraded to the new AccountRight due to a few old open orders in the Purchases Register. They are very minor amounts dated back to 2011, but when we try to delete them it says "You may not delete transactions before the beginning of the financial year".

So we try to Change them to a Bill... but when trying to record it says "ou may not  Enter transactions before the beginning of the financial year"...

How can we clean these up so we can upgrade to the new software for STP.

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,268 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1498Kudos

183Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Upgrading Premier to AccountRight Live due to STP: Open Purchase Orders previous financial years

Hi @DTull 

When you convert the order to a bill can you change the date to today's date?   Record and then reverse it?

IMPORTANTLY:  Are you upgrading the file straight to ONLINE?   I recommend upgrading ONLINE  (upload your file to us) as it runs through data checks and the data repair team fix issues before releasing the file back to you.    I don't recommend trying to upgrade locally. 

If you want to run the file on a server or desktop version you can always take the file offline again after the upgrade by speaking to your MYOB account manager. 

You upload your file to us.jpg

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
25 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
DTull
Experienced Partner

25Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Upgrading Premier to AccountRight Live due to STP: Open Purchase Orders previous financial years

Thanks Renae, that worked, and yes upgraded the file to online. All working now thank you.

1,268 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1498Kudos

183Solutions

@DTullexcellent glad it worked out well for you.   Thanks for the solutionSmiley Very Happy

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
25 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
DTull
Experienced Partner

25Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

ok now we have the problem that their customised invoices and statements arent in their new Myob.

Is there a way to copy invoices/statements from Premier to AccountRight Live?

Thanks again

1,268 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1498Kudos

183Solutions

Hi @DTull 

Did the forms get migrated to ARL?   If they did there is a bug with version 2019.2 (see below) get them to upgrade to 2019.2.1 and hopefully, it is resolved for them.  

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/Customise-form-usage-in-AccountRight-2019-...

Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
25 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
DTull
Experienced Partner

25Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Renae, yes worked out how to get them over to ARL, and migrated. Client was brand new with 2019.2.1 so earlier bug wasnt an issue. The issue now though is the nightmare that is formatting customised forms... 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post