Partner Zone
Partner Zone

change from AccountRight to AccountRight Live

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Elitebal
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Elitebal
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

change from AccountRight to AccountRight Live

Hi, 

I would like to move to a fully cloud based version of MYOB, that operates like Xero - meaning i can access the entire company file from any web browser. Is this what the AccountRight Live does? Can i just move my file to Live, and if so how? I would like to be able to generate invoices/payslips etc when I am not near my home or work PC (they have MYOB program installed), which at the moment is impossible. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4594Solutions

Re: change from AccountRight to AccountRight Live

Hi @Elitebal

AccountRight 2018 allows for the company file to be stored locally or online. To access a company file, be it a local or online file, you do need to have the AccountRight program installed. This does mean that the company information is not able to accessed through a web browser. One of the benefits of this setup is that you can use AccountRight 2018 company files locally or online and use an online file locally if you don't have an internet connection.

You can upload an AccountRight 2018 locally stored file to the cloud via opening that file and going File>>Go Online (upload this file) to upload that file to the cloud. It should also be noted that while in the cloud you can use access to additional benefits such as MYOB Invoices*, Online emailing and much more.

Alternatively, if you would like a full based web-browser program MYOB Essentials may be better suited to your needs.

*Mobile based app that can be used to manage contacts and record invoices and quotes while on the go

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Elitebal
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I already use the cloud based file. I want to be able to access the file from anywhere, and do mostly wages, payroll etc when I cannot be in the office or even overseas. Can MYOB essentials also do payroll?

I'm really trying to avoid moving over to Xero which offfers all of these options, but I need a mobile solution.

Regards,

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4594Solutions

Hi @Elitebal

MYOB Essentials certainly does payroll.  If you do wish to know more about MYOB Essentials you are welcome to take a look at MYOB Essentials, we also offer a free 30 day trial through the website.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Elitebal
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Would I be able to upload my existing company file into Essentials?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4594Solutions

Hi @Elitebal

We do offer a migration service to migrate from AccountRight or AccountEdge to MYOB Essentials. You can find out more information and arrange for that service to be actioned via Move to Essentials.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post