trial balance for December 2019 - the Debtors and Client fee accounts do not match the account transactions listingfor December

Highlighted
KathrynSi
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

trial balance for December 2019 - the Debtors and Client fee accounts do not match the account transactions listingfor December

I am having an issue.  My Debtor and income account balances per the account  listing differ from the numbers on my trial balance.    I have isolated the variance to  debt $5108.40 , tax $464.40, income $4644.   

This is one invoice entry in my accounts but it appears to be duplicated when the trial balance is produced. 

The Debtors per the account  listing match the external Aged Debtors report as of 31 Dec 19  but the trial balance is overstated by $5108.40.  

I have attached a screen shot to try and show what I mean

This is not an accounting issue but a software issue

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
KathrynSi
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Financial statements

Is there a glitch with the financial statement reporting in the latest version?

I have a debtors account and an income account where the account balance for 31/12/19 differs from the balance for the account which comes up on the financial statements.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Komal_S
669 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

669Posts

71Kudos

116Solutions

Re: Financial statements

Hi @KathrynSi 

Can you please confirm if the total debits and total credits in the Trial balance report match? 

If they do, I would recommend running the Reports>>Accounts>>Account Transactions [Accrual] report for the required date range and matching the figures to trial balance for the same period. If they do not match, please attach the screenshots of both the reports here as we did not get them with your previous message. Alternatively, you can also send them to me by Private Message  if they do contain any sensitive information. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post