Partner Zone

Deleting a pay

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Di01
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Deleting a pay

I shortpaid an employee, so did a new pay but forgot to delete the first one.  When I try to delet it I get this message:

Delete

Wages from this pay have been used in the pay transaction dated 25/12/2021 to calculate superannuation. You must delete that pay first and click Save.

I can't find an option to delete the pay as the past pay runs only give me a report page with no delete option - it's already been reported via STP. I'm unable to reverse the pay as well.

Wages from this pay have been used in the pay transaction dated 25/12/2021 to calculate superannuation. You must delete that pay first and click Save.
3 REPLIES 3
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,514 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,514Posts

228Kudos

161Solutions

Re: Deleting a pay

Hi @Di01 

Typically you can no longer delete a pay run - only reverse - as they all now contribute to a record in the ATO.

If you did a pay run 25/12 - and then made super payments - i.e. there are other links to this pay run (and I am only giving advise as this is a relatively new thing) - you have to delete and link.

eg. if you use electronic payment - you have to delete that to get at the original pay run.

Also it has to be accepted by ATO before you can reverse - then you reverse it and just process it as another payrun - just a reversal - and that gets reported to ATO.

But no - deletion of pay runs is now a no-no I believe.

The Doc

Di01
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Doc

I tried all that.  Haven't made super payment yet.

Have tried through bank transactions, past pay runs, pay history. Can't do anything.

I tried entering a negative but it won't let me enter a negative amount of hours or dollars.

Can't find where to reverse either.

I have a few versions of Essentials for different clients and they're all different.  What's easy on one is difficult on another - so frustrating.

Di

Sam_R
MYOB Moderator
3,372 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,372Posts

244Kudos

509Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Di01,

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. 

I will provide a helpful post below (that applies to your version of the software) - it explains the reason for the message appearing, as well as how to resolve it:

Let me know if you run into any more trouble, happy to assist further!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post