Invoice entry goes to bank account instead of trade debtors

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
sjh55
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Invoice entry goes to bank account instead of trade debtors

Good evening

Thank you in advance for your help. I am not a very experienced MYOB user.

When I enter an invoice the SJ's are being put into bank account 1-1110 instead of trade debtors 1-1200. This has happened since I printed an invoice for a buyer, something I have not done before. I have tried changing the invoice settings but cannot fix it. The Customer Payment tag at the bottom of the invoice next to Save Recurring appears to be highligted when previously it has not been.

Many thanks,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invoice entry goes to bank account instead of trade debtors

Hi @sjh55 

When you record an invoice transaction, AccountRight will code the journal to the account that you have selected on the invoice and also the Linked Account for Trade Debtors being the other side. The Linked Account for Trade Debtors being the account that is set in Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Sales Accounts for that particular option.

If you are finding that the transactions are not going to the appropriate account i.e. going to the bank account instead of the Trade Debtors account, I would recommend reviewing the linked sales accounts.

Do note that updating that linked account will only correct transactions going forward, previous transactions would need to be deleted and re-entered after updating that linked account. Note: You can only delete an invoice after the payment transaction has been deleted.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
sjh55
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invoice entry goes to bank account instead of trade debtors

Hi Steven

Thank you very much for that. I am using MYOB Business Basics, the entries were going to the correct account prior to today. I do not recall changing anything when I was printing the invoice.

I will have a look at the Setup.

All the best, and many thanks.

Steve

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post