Keyboard shortcuts to speed up processing in Windows versions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia

526Posts

219Kudos

0Solutions

Keyboard shortcuts to speed up processing in Windows versions

In v19 and earlier versions, I have found that using the keyboard shortcuts can speed up processing a lot. This includes the MYOB shortcuts shown in the Command Centre dropdown menu and other shortcuts used universally throughout Windows software such as pressing the Alt key and then an Alpha character that is underlined on a process e.g. in the Banking module press Alt A to access Reconcile Accounts. I then use shortcuts such as Ctrl H to enter a Spend Money transaction or Ctrl D to Receive Money, etc and use Ctrl Tab to swap between modules within MYOB rather than using the mouse to click on Window at the top of the screen to go back to the reconciliation or elsewhere. Alt Tab allows me to swap around applications such as MYOB, Excel and banking. There are lots of other keyboard shortcuts such as using the space bar to select a transaction in a bank reconciliation and up and down arrow keys to move around the reconciliation as well. Most already know to use the Tab key to move forward a field but using Shift and Tab (or Shift with anything) will go in the opposite direction i.e. backwards. Ctrl Enter will complete a transaction if you have the Windows settings for "The Enter Key Works Just Like the Tab Key When Entering SOME Data" activated.

I believe the Mac versions have some of these shortcuts when you use the Cmd key as well.

Unfortunately, some of these shortcuts don't work as well in the 2xxx versions and once you are in Reports the MYOB shortcuts don't work at all. This means that if you want to enter a transaction to modify the Balance Sheet, you can't just hit Ctrl G to enter a journal.

I found that learning and practising a couple of the shortcuts at a time for a week or so to reinforce these is a good way to learn.

Hope this helps some users save time when processing.

Cheers

Liz

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,187 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,187Posts

1,013Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Keyboard shortcuts to speed up processing in Windows versions

Awesome post @Elizabeth_Adamson!

I just thought to add onto this thread, there are some support notes that I use for keyboard shortcuts, here are the links:

AccountRight 20xx.x: Using keyboard shortcuts

AccountRight v19: Shortcut keys

AccountEdge (Mac): Shortcut keys

A easy way to get to these is to use F1 in the product and search for "shortcut keys", this should find the relevant one based on each Product Search.

I also know the teams are looking at adding more to the 20xx.x software as well and we may see more appear with newer releases.

In terms of keyboard shortcuts and the Reports in AccountRight 20xx.x, I'd also thought to just mention something here: Using the Alt-Type Keyboard Shortcuts to navigate the reports will work however some Key Data entry shortcuts do not work as the Reports in 20xx.x are kept in second windows and the shortcuts aren't used in the relevant window for the software. This is something I've made sure to send to the Product Teams as this would make fixing errors much quicker.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia

526Posts

219Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Keyboard shortcuts to speed up processing in Windows versions

Hi Hayden

Thanks for the extra info. In respect to the shortcut request when in reports for v2xxx, I first posted about this on here in February 2014 and mentioned it again last year. It seems to be a difficult process to add it and given some of the other on-going issues it may still be a while away!

Cheers

Liz

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post