26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Error with Customer Bank Account Number

I've just gone in to a customer card to change the default layout and when I press OK it has come up with an Error saying Account Number must be in the format 9999999-99 or 9999999-999.  I didn't change the account number and it won't let me do it in the format it wants as it automatically puts it as 99-9999-9999999-999.  If I cancel it won't save my changes but the bank account stays the same.

Solutions please.

13 REPLIES 13
Experienced User Bteam
38 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

38Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Error with Customer Bank Account Number

Plus one. How can we resolve this error? I'm using AR 2019.3 online. Strangely, if I cancel out of the payment details window I can record the transaction. I was trying to change the "remittance advice delivery status" to "already printed or sent" from "to be printed"

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,214 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,214Posts

508Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @ATL  @Bteam 

Sorry about the delayed response. 

The only situation I've come across that prevents the bank account number being entered is if there is an AccountRight AU company file open as well as the NZ one. In this situation the NZ file would not recognize the account number format properly, thus throwing an error. 

Please close down all AccountRight applications, then open the NZ company file only and try again. If the issue persists, please clear the AccountRight cache then try again. 

@Bteam Once the payment is recorded, its delivery status can still be changed. Are you able to drill into the recorded payment, then change its Remittance Advice Delivery Status? Alternatively, without changing the status, you can go to Print/Email Remittance Advices > Advanced Filters > untick the option 'Unprinted or Unsent Remittance Advices Only', so already printed ones will appear on the list again.

Please feel free to let us know how you go, and if you are having any other problems. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User Bteam
38 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

38Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Clover,
I can shed a bit more light on the situation.
I don't have an AU company file as well as a NZ one, as far as I know.
This arises when I want to permanently change the status of a suppliers payment details > remittance advice delivery status to "already printed or sent". Some cards won't accept a permanent change of delivery status. Yes, I can do this manually each time I pay a bill but I use MYOB to be more efficient and automate as many things as possible, not have to remember to click another box each time.

@CloverQ wrote:

Hi @ATL  @Bteam 

The only situation I've come across that prevents the bank account number being entered is if there is an AccountRight AU company file open as well as the NZ one. In this situation the NZ file would not recognize the account number format properly, thus throwing an error. 

Please close down all AccountRight applications, then open the NZ company file only and try again. If the issue persists, please clear the AccountRight cache then try again. 

@Bteam Once the payment is recorded, its delivery status can still be changed. Are you able to drill into the recorded payment, then change its Remittance Advice Delivery Status? Alternatively, without changing the status, you can go to Print/Email Remittance Advices > Advanced Filters > untick the option 'Unprinted or Unsent Remittance Advices Only', so already printed ones will appear on the list again.

Please feel free to let us know how you go, and if you are having any other problems. 

Experienced Cover User ATL
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry, I might not have explained properly

I have cards set up that I have been using for months/years.  If I want to change something small eg: the default layout or change remmitance advice status etc, then it comes up with the error saying the bank account format is incorrect, even though I haven't changed the bank account.  It's a real pain not being able to set these up with the correct defaults.

Eta - we don't have an AU company file either so nothing to do with that

Experienced User Bteam
38 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

38Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for describing the issue so succinctly. This is the same problem I have.

26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Frustrating isn't it?

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,214 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,214Posts

508Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Bteam @ATL 

Thank you both for the additional information.

In order to advice further, could you please confirm the following?

- Did the problem persist after clearing AccountRight cache?

- Do you receive the error when editing customer cards, or supplier cards, or both? Does it only occur with a particular card, or all cards of that type?

- Does the error occur constantly when editing cards, or intermediate? 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover

Problem still occurring after clearing the cache

For me it's only suppliers, as I don't have customer bank account numbers entered, but not all cards.  I have been able to edit some supplier cards.

Thanks

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,214 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,214Posts

508Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @ATL 

Thank you very much for the additional information. I was unable to replicate this problem in my AccountRight sample company file, so our teams would need to take a closer look of your data file, as it could be a file specific problem.

I've arranged an instruction email to be sent to your forum email address, please follow the steps within to submit a backup file. Please also reply to that email to inform the team which supplier cards are throwing the error for you. You can continue working in the meantime, our teams will notify you once they know more.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post