Partner Zone

Multiple Computers

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
James_jamie
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Multiple Computers

Hi,

I'm new to all this and have set up the system on the front, main computer. My problem is everything has to be done through that particular computer. So I have to enter all stock/invoices through it as well as serve customers. Is there a way we can get the system to run on the office computer at the same time so I can be entering invoices out the back whilst the employees serve the customers without having to frequently stop?? This will save so much time.

Thanks.

Jamie

2 REPLIES 2
Dee-Workman
Ultimate Partner
1,175 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

1,175Posts

306Kudos

254Solutions

Re: Multiple Computers

Hi @James_jamie 

You can buy an additional lane licence whereby it can be set up on another computer but that is at an extra cost.  I am not sure if there is any other way around it, others may know of something that would work.

There is MYOB Kounta which is a cloud based product which you can have multiple users which has a monthly fee, but if you have already paid for Retail Manager the cost would be a factor.  Kounta is a newer, more modern version of retail software.

MikeADax
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

11Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Multiple Computers

HI Jamie,

You can network a second computer to your first (known as the primary) which will allow you to carry out transactions and input invoices. If you have RetailManager on a subscription basis you can get an additional licence at no extra cost, or if you've purchased the software outright you can get an additional licence for a one-off fee.

SqueePOS - Support for IT & POS equipment in retail businesses.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post