Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Message says I require an AccountRight subscription

We have 4 company payrolls with ATO reports. Last week I received a message for 1 of these companies saying 

You need an AccountRight subscription to use STP

See attachment.

I called 1300 202 675 as instructed but waited, without success, for someone to answer my call.

Why has this message suddenly appeared in this companys payroll reporting window please?

Your help would be appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,774 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,774Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Message says I require an AccountRight subscription

Hi

STP reporting was always designed to be a live service just like bank feeds or storing the file on the cloud. That said we recently picked up an error which meant a small number of AccountRight Plus and Premier clients and partners were granted unintended access to Single Touch Payroll on files that were not subscribed. We apologise for the confusion this will have caused.

As this error was corrected it now runs a check over each file just seeing if it is linked to an associated subscription, and if it couldn’t find one then you would receive that message. I’ve organized for two quotes to be sent out to you, one for one additional subscription and one for two additional subscriptions for you to review. If you did want to go with either one then instructions on how to accept that quote are located at the bottom of the quote.

Please note each quote is separate, so if you accept both quotes you will end up with three additional subscriptions against your serial number. I do hope this helps clarify things for you

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Partner Llewellyn
39 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

39Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

I've also received the same message this morning when I tried to lodge STP reports for a client. I have a paid up Bookkeeper subscription and am using the desktop version of Accountright. None of my clients require the cloud based version of MYOB.

How do I fix this please?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,774 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,774Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Llewellyn 

If that message was coming up it means that the system is not detecting a subscription against that particular clients serial number for that file. As the live services are tied to the subscriptions against that particular file, a subscription against another serial number would not be counted in this check.

To overcome this message the file would need to have a subscription against it to allow for the filing of STP reports, as well as any of the other live services

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

39 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

39Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Niel but I have a fully paid up Bookkeeper subscription that covers all my clients and I have been using STP since the start of July 2018 without any problems until yesterday, so I don't know what's changed. I need to get this resolved so that I can continue to lodge the current (and future) STP reports.

As I mentioned I have the desktop version of 2019.2 and none of my clients need (or want) the online version.

Regards, Carl

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,774 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,774Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

HI @Llewellyn 

As mentioned in an earlier post on this thread, STP reporting was always designed to be a live service just like bank feeds or storing the file on the cloud. That said we recently picked up an error which meant a small number of AccountRight Plus and Premier clients and partners were granted unintended access to Single Touch Payroll on files that were not subscribed. We apologise for the confusion this will have caused.

As STP reporting is a live service, each file that needs to have STP reporting needs to have its own subscription. Whilst having one subscription against a serial number will entitle you to things like technical support on a serial number it will only allow live services on one file. If you had multiple files that required STP reporting then you would need a subscription for each of them.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

39 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

39Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply Neil. I would have thought that paying a monthly "subscription" that keeps going up by around 10% every year would have entitled me to access to one of MYOB's primary functions. Obviously not.

However, it appears that I will have no choice other than to pay for STP subscriptions for my clients that need it. Can you or someone else please contact me to set this up as the report that started this whole issue for me is now overdue and I need to resolve it.

Thank you

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,774 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,774Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

HI @Llewellyn 

I have asked one of our team to reach out to you to discuss your needs around additional subscriptions for your clients so that you can report their STP reports

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

39 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

39Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

I haven't been contacted by anyone yet re this matter. Could you please ask them to contact me urgently as I need to get this issue resolved so that I can lodge STP reports on time. Thanks

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,774 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,774Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Llewellyn 

I have passed your comments onto the appropriate team and asked them to follow up with you over this

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post