Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

STP and FBT payments for PBI Employer

We use MYOB Account Right Plus V2018.2.1

We are a NFP PBI who offer our employess salary packaging payments.

We have attempted to ready our data file for STP and have encounted a problem as there is no STP reporting catergory available for this type of payment in our MYOB. It is not gross payments obvoiusly  and is not a sacrifice to super.

We would have reported the payments as a 'grossed up' figure at reportable Fringe Benefits on annual PAYG summary.

We referred this to ATO/DPO who advised

"Thank you for contacting the service desk, In this situation you will need to contact MYOB themselves to figure out on how to add the STP services to your version of MYOB. If there is any Issue with the STP services once it been implemented they will need to raise a ticket with us on your behalf as they will have the files and tools needed to resolve any issue or errors you come across."

It would appear from several 'blogs etc.' that this problem is not unique to us, that lots of NFP PBI that use MYOB have the same issue. 

What is your fix? We need to be ready 1/7/2019..........

13 REPLIES 13
LauraR81
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Reporting of Gross Wages for PBIs with Not Reportable Fringe Benefits

Can we have a timeline on the resolution of this issue as it is already nearing the end of May 2019?

LauraR81
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP and FBT payments for PBI Employer

I am having the same issue and would also like some answers.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,136 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,136Posts

4,270Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @HECIS  @LauraR81 

Generally speaking, the ATO reporting category that you select for Payroll reporting would be the same one that you would have selected for the Payment Summaries.

In terms of a payroll category that is exclusively set up for paying an employee a fringe benefit and NOT needing to be included with "normal" pay events sent through to the ATO, you would generally have that set to Not Reportable, so it doesn't get included in the "normal" pay events. But would need to be included when doing your End of year finalisation and reporting of fringe benefits.

Do note that this information is generic in nature. If you are unsure what the best ATO Reporting category should be selected, I would recommend speaking your accountant, ATO and/or an MYOB Advisor

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LauraR81
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

From what date should I start the End of Year finalisation and reporting of Fringe Benefits for 2019? Is MYOB working to fix this error for next year's payment summary reporting?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,136 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,136Posts

4,270Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @LauraR81 

With Payroll reporting, you can finalise your pays at any stage during the year. Although, you do need to ensure that you have completed all your pays for that year. Similar to that of payment summaries

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User DThorn
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

In other words, what you are saying is that the end of year payroll process needs to be completed in the same way as in prior years. During that process, the RFBA amounts are manually input against each employee for reporting on the payroll summaries.  The only difference now is that you don't have to create an empdupe file for upload.

Contributing Cover User Dimi121
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi- We are a PBI also facing this 'challenge'. So what I understand from this conversation the gross amounts are wrong (too large) until you do the end of year finalisation? The gross amount includes the amounts salary sacrificed and how will that be reduced when RFB amounts are entered- as they are the grossed up value? 

Why is the deducton which is a negative not captured as a gross payment- therefore making the gross accurate through the year and then the RFBA is entered manually at year end? 

Seems like no one is getting a clear answer and with 30th June looming we need one rather soon. 

Partner KHowson
10 Posts
Partner
Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi All

I cannot believe they is no payroll catergory that correctly removes Salary scarficed FBT items from Gross wages (not scarficed super this works). I understand that we have to gross up at year end so this is a type in box but we've been reporting Gross Wages too high all year. This will not be right when the ATO start to pre-fill our BASs W1 and W2.

My work around - report to the ATO a negative payrun of Gross Wages for the annual amount, then back in MYOB do a journal to reverse to fix the accounts you've just changed.

EOFY process in STP then works.

Hope this helps those still trying to figure this out.

Contributing Cover User LEGEAR
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

I have the same issue as the original poster. My gross wages reported to the ATO through STP was overstated. How do I get the gross wages to reflect the salary sacrifice deductions?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post