Partner Zone

STP setup error - wrong ABN

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Helena2018
Contributing User
17 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

17Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP setup error - wrong ABN

When I set up the STP, I made a mistake by puting a wrong ABN.

I received ATO failed msg. fronm the beginning but I didn't relased until 3 month later (now).

I have re-set up STP on 3/7/2020, ATO has confirmed that they've got the correct ABN when I call them, but MYOB still return the error msg.

My serial number: 6196 **** 5754; file ID: 6#; Software ID: 7107683552; correct ABN: 65 611 551 672, wrong ABN:34 492 121 634.

Could you please make it correct? and how to fix the previous 3 month pay? (weekly)

3 REPLIES 3
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
5,775 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,775Posts

541Kudos

869Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP setup error - wrong ABN

Hi @Helena2018 

I'm not sure if this has been done already or not, but if the ABN was incorrect in the system, you need to correct it in the software in these two places:

- Setup > Company Information, and
   -  Payroll > Payroll Reporting > Company Information

and then notify the correct software ID to the ATO again as mentioned in the steps below:

1. Go to the Payroll command centre and click Payroll reporting.
  2. Click Payroll Reporting Centre.
  3. If prompted, sign in with your MYOB account details.
  4. Click the ATO settings tab.
  5. Click STP settings.

If the ATO is not notified of the new software ID, and only ABN change has been communicated, then the reports will be rejected.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Helena2018
Contributing User
17 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

17Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

Thanks for reply my question, you are correct, I need to change payroll reporting set up as well, and this has fixed the ABN issue but the company name on the YTD verification report is still wrong (Originally, both company name and ABN were wrong) even everywhere elase (the company name) is correct (e.g. payroll activity summary and pay slip etc.). I wonder is there any other place need to be modified to give the YTD report the correct company name? BTW, the status for STP after payrun is accepted.

Another issue is: since I have already did July payrun, all wages from beginning (only start from Apr. 2020) to end of Jun 2020 were still been rejected by ATO (error: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.EM92168) even I have paid MYOB to get a backup file and restored it to earlier June 2020 (since one of the MYOB consultant sujuested me to restore back to before July). I called ATO, she said ATO has received the updated file but ATO need the origical file (or original event) to be received to use the updated file for correction. BTW, the status for STP after payrun is rejected (originally it was Failed when ABN wes wrong).

I want to get the $49.95 back, since the restored data is not help (file is still been rejected) and I was told the file was backed up at 25/6 however the file is only upto 9/6, so I need to catch up a lot of more works.

Apart from the above issue, I just realised that the superannuation tab (under payroll categories) is umpty, so I have no chance to set up employee's super. 

I hope you can call me (0406 423 988) to get these problems solved quickly.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
5,775 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,775Posts

541Kudos

869Solutions

Hi @Helena2018 

In order to correct your company name on the ytd verification report, please ensure that it is correct under Setup>>Company information and also under Payroll>> Payroll Reporting>> Payroll Reporting Centre>>ATO Settings. If the company name is incorrect there, please correct it and confirm the company file again.

In regards to your second query, you're receiving the error  CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.EM92168 as the STP was connected with correct ABN in the payroll year 2020/2021. Since the connection did not take place for the prior payruns, you would have to manually submit the payment summaries for that year. If you're using 2020.2, the backup copy sent to you should have the Prepare Payment Summaries option as the STP was not connected then. However, if you do not have that option or have some other issues, please send me your serial number by a Private Message so I can either arrange for that amount to be refunded or send you the correct copy.

For the final query, the Superannuation tab under Payroll Categories would be empty if you have not previously created a superannuation guarantee category and can be created now by clicking on +New option.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post