Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP

1. New employee started last day of pay period and was not paid for that day.  Now next pay period is due, how do I pay them? Process individual pay for that day with correct dates and process stp, then process all pays for new pay period and then process stp?  (two stp sent on same day)?

2. Employee leaving. Process full pays including final standard pay and process stp. Then process final pay of unused leave/lsl, then process another stp?

Or do you process first part of pays, save and close.  Then go and enter details of second pay details, and then process stp? Does this pick up all for stp purposes?

Or is there another way

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,281 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,281Posts

4,285Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP

Hi @karrens 

Ideally, you would be processing a pay for the employee when you do actually pay the employee - noting the STP guidelines indicate that you do need to report the pays before or on the payment date. So you would be either processing the one pay for the employee combining that additional day OR process two pays (one for the particular day and another for the rest of the period) with the same current payment date.  

Generally speaking, the recommendation is to process the final standard pay for the employee and report that before processing the final pay for the employee. Our Help Article: Processing a final pay would be able to assist with that process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User karrens
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Steven_M

But this isnt really answering my question.

I understand the process, now that STP has come into play, when does this fit in when you are recording different scenerios with the same pay date.

I have just done a test, recorded a pay which takes you straight to declaration, and now I have a NOT SENT sitting in the ATO reporting.  You are not able to delete these. Then if I go back in (or another authorised employee) and see a not sent, and think Oh, and hit send.

So I go back to my question, how do you record different pay scenarios for the same employee with the same pay date.  I note the processing final pay document doesnt say anything about when to do STP either. 

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,281 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,281Posts

4,285Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @karrens 

There is no limit to the number of times you can submit a pay event on the same day. So you could submit a pay and then process another pay for the same employee (or even different employees) all on the same day. Note: the system will send the year-to-date information of the employees to the ATO with each pay event.

Ideally, if you are processing a pay in your software then do report that pay to the ATO at the time. If you do make a mistake or need to make a correction, just delete/reverse the transaction in the software and then reprocess if required. As it reports that year to date information it ultimately will report the values when you record your next pay.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User karrens
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Thank you

Maybe this could be put in the notes somewhere to give the full procedure.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post