Sat/Sun rate payment by Single Touch Payroll

eerdtao
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sat/Sun rate payment by Single Touch Payroll

Hi, I am running a retail shop and would like to how to pay my staff for Sat, Sun and public holiday working hours. I did not find any option from the Single Touch Payroll.

Also, if my bank account details are entered, does it mean that my staff's salary will be directly debited from my bank and I won't need to do anything?

WeChat Screenshot_20190906201111.png

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate Cover User bungy15
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

849Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Sat/Sun rate payment by Single Touch Payroll

Hi @eerdtao 

STP only reports the payruns to the ATO. You need to set up payroll categories/pay items in your software, process payruns, then declare and send the STP report to the ATO. If you let me know what software you are using I can give you links to help setup payroll.

You will need to pay wages to your employees as you have done previously, eg, Internet banking transfer

Cheers

Tracey

eerdtao
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey, I am currently using MYOB AccountRight 2014.4 Standalone. I have two staff working on the weekends and it seems the STP does not support penalty rate. Can you please let me know how to set it up in STP? Thanks

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,104 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,104Posts

4,264Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @eerdtao 

With AccountRight (and MYOB Essentials) you would create payroll categories (pay items) and set the appropriate ATO Reporting Category with them.

For example, in your case, you would likely go to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Wages and create the necessary payroll categories to reflect that those additional payments before linking the required employees. As part of that selection, you would be required to the select the ATO Reporting Category which is the Payroll Reporting code used to file that with the ATO.

More information in creating that payroll category can be found on Help Articles: Payroll Categories & Wages

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post