Australia
eCollect81
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Hi Suja,

I am currently using AccountRight Plus to process payroll for two companies in the same pay run for simplicity.

Both companies have less than 20 staff members however when combined in the pay run they add up to more than 20 staff that we pay on the same day. These employees are differenciated by the company in their card files and previous pay summaries are provided according to the relative employer.

PAYG W lodgements are also submitted seperately for the two companies.

How would the implementation of STP affect us? Will it be applicable considering each of the two companies have less than 20 staff?

Di_S_17
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Di_S_17
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

We use AccountRight Enterprise v19.13. I understand the why and when etc. I want to understand how we move to the new system and what is invovled, am I right in thinking that this will make us move to the cloud based version? I haven't had much to do with the live products as my organisation is reluctant to move to this format so am at a loss as to wht the change is from an infrastructure perspective?

Di

Experienced Partner Elizabeth_3195
29 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Elizabeth_3195
Experienced Partner

29Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hello

My understanding is that MYOB are working towards a solution for v19.14 products.  Enterprise included.

REgards

Elizabeth

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,844 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6844Posts

737Kudos

951Solutions

Hi @eCollect81

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

Based on what the ATO has provided on this page, Information for employers, it would appear that it is based upon whether or not the company has 20 or more employees as of July 1, 2018. Additionally, if you are part of a company group, the total number of employees employed by all member companies of the wholly-owned group must be included.

That’s being said, AccountRight is designed for one ABN number per company file, not to have one company file as an amalgam of multiple different companies. If you had two different company payrolls, I’d recommend keeping each company in a separate file. This will help ensure that each company is recognised for having the correct number of employees, as opposed to the total number of employees for the different companies, if they are unrelated.

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,844 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6844Posts

737Kudos

951Solutions

HI @Di_S_17

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

If you are moving from AccountRight v19, onto AccountRight 201X.X, you don’t have to go to a cloud based version as AccountRight 201X.X can run files from either a desktop version or from a cloud based storage system depending upon your preference.

Assuming you don’t use any of the AccountRight v19 Enterprise specific features, such as Multicurrency or Multilocation for your inventory then you can upgrade your company file through the inbuilt system within AccountRight 201X.X. Our help article Upgrade to the new AccountRight steps through all of the things that you’ll need to know and how to upgrade your file.

Additionally if you’d like I am happy to organise one of our team to get in touch with you and discuss your concerns.

Please dont hesitate to post any other questions that you may have

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Super Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,293 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Super Partner

1293Posts

669Kudos

95Solutions

Forum users might also like to see this post - Single Touch Payroll (STP) - information

Kym Yeoward

Darwin

TNG
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
TNG
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We are using AccountRight Premier V 19.14 as we have foreign currency in our accounts. Are their plans to include the STP in this version of MYOB?

1,293 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Super Partner

1293Posts

669Kudos

95Solutions

As I understand, AccountRight v.19.14 users will be offered an update, with a link to upload a payrun summary to a STP upload website (working on similar lines to Pay Super)..

For  more info, see the link to my earlier post about the move to Single Touch Payrolls.

P.S.:

If you just need the Foreign Currency feature to cover imported items and foreign exchange payments, you might like to consider moving to AccountRight 2017 online, and using the TransferMate International Payments for MYOB add-on. Also have a look at their website - TransferMate internatioal payments - for MYOB

Hoever if you have an overseas subsidiary - e.g. in New Zealand - and need to keep inter-company trading accounts in foreign currencies, you will need to stick with V.19 for the moment - or move up to MYOB Advanced

Kym Yeoward (Darwin)

TNG
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
TNG
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Neil

I was just reading that MYOB is not looking to bring STP to Premiere V 19.14.  The suggestion is to upgrade to AccountRight 201X.  The problem I have is I use Multi Currency and have been told by MYOB that I cannot upgrade to AccountRight 201X as this will not cater for my foreign currency? What do you advise? Thanks

1,293 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Super Partner

1293Posts

669Kudos

95Solutions

MYOB has assured that users needing to stick with v.19 due to a need to keep the multi-currency feature, will be supported and be provided with a service to lodge payrun reports in STP format, with the Australian Taxation Office.

@Suja_P should have  more information.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post