Sarah2315
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Single Touch Payroll - Terminated Employees YTD figures

Hi

Last week we processed our first payrun using STP, and we included a $0 payrun for those employees that were paid in the current financial year but were terminated before using STP, so that their YTD information was transmitted to the ATO.  After processing this payrun a termination date was entered into MYOB and the employees' cards were ticked as being inactive.

This week we have processed our second payrun using STP (which obviously excludes the terminated employees), and the YTD figures for these terminated employees does not seem to be included in the new YTD report in the payroll reporting centre.

Is this correct?

Thanks very much

Kind Regards

Sarah 

12 REPLIES 12
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,034 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11034Posts

1251Kudos

1555Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Single Touch Payroll - Terminated Employees YTD figures

Hi @Sarah2315

As the terminated employees’ year to date records were sent to the ATO in the previous week’s pay, the ATO would have the current figures. As there was no change to these YTD figures in the software, because there was no pay for those employees in this week’s pay there would be nothing to report to the ATO. This would mean that they wouldn’t be expected to show on the report.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Sarah2315
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Sarah2315
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Fantastic, thanks very much Neil that answers my question perfectly.

Kind Regards

Sarah

Experienced Cover User Angela132
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Angela132
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Neil,

In response to this post I also have a question.  In the past, while we have been able to terminate an employee in their cards, we have had to keep them active to produce EOFY PAYG Sumaries.  Under the STP, if the figures are already reported and no Summary is required I am assuming we can record as inactive immediately after the last payrun and STP report has been sent.  Correct?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,034 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11034Posts

1251Kudos

1555Solutions

HI @Angela132 

The process for handling terminated employees doesn’t really change with STP. In as far as once the employee’s final pay has been reported to the ATO then they can be terminated and marked as inactive

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced Cover User Angela132
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Angela132
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

So people would usually change an employee's card to inactive during the FY and then active again at the end to produce reports, etc.? You would have to remember exactly who was on that list to do that.  It doesn't seem to be a problem now though with STP.

Kwikcut
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Kwikcut
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

We have processed and reported (weekly for the last 4 weeks) the payroll for current employees to the ATO but did not do a $0 payrun for terminated employees.  Can we do that in the next payrun.  Surely it will still report the YTD balances for those ones?

Thanks

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,034 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11034Posts

1251Kudos

1555Solutions

Hi @Kwikcut 

STP only reports on the employees included in that pay event. So any employees who weren’t paid in that pay event wouldn’t get reported on. This is because the ATO works on the assumption that if the employee wasn’t paid, then there would be no change in their YTD figures reported to them.

For employees that have been paid in this year and not reported through STP, you will either need to produce a payment summary for them to report that to the ATO or do a void pay to create a new pay event for those employees to report to the ATO. This void pay doesn't have to be done separately to the normal pay runs, however if it was included in the pay run then if you needed to come back and look into this void pay for any reason you would need to recall that its included as part of that pay run

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Kwikcut
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Kwikcut
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil

Experienced Cover User CuttingEdge
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
CuttingEdge
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

27Kudos

1Solutions

Hello trying to do a zero pay run for employees termianted before we transitioned over to STP but MYOB will not allow me to record the pays, iamge below of the message we get which is Paycheque has a $0.00 net pay click ok if you wish to void this pay cheque - I select cancel or do I simply select OK which would seem not to record it - I seem to be stuck 

terminated employee.PNG
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post