Paying employees just got easier with direct credit bank files

MYOB Moderator
18 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

18Posts

35Kudos

0Solutions

Let’s face it, we’re all time-poor. We all make mistakes. Ease the pain by using direct credit bank files to pay your employees.

If you bank with ANZ, ASB, BNZ or Westpac, download the payment file from MYOB Essentials, then upload to your bank. Employees paid. Everyone happy.

Here's how to get going.

Set up direct credit bank files

1. Go to Payroll > Payroll Settings.
  2. Select the Pay employees using bank files option, and enter your bank details.

Enter employee bank account details

If you haven't already, enter employee bank account details.

1.  Go to Payroll > Employees.
  2. Click an employee and enter their bank account details.

Pay employees with direct credit bank file

1. Process your pay run.
  2. Once you've processed the pay run, download the bank file (a message to do this will pop up in the final step).
  3. Go to your internet banking and upload this bank file (also called a payment file or payroll file).

Need to download a previous direct credit bank file? Not a problem!

1. Go to Payroll > Past pay runs.
  2. Click the Download button in the Bank file column of the relevant pay run.
17 Comments
1 Post
User

Will you being adding Kiwibank to this please. if yes when do you think it maybe added. 

Thanks Lea

MYOB Moderator
36,562 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @KLRltd

As has been indicated, MYOB Essentials (NZ) will now allow for the ability to create direct credit files for ANZ, ASB, BNZ or Westpac banks. Additional banks may have a different file format and type thus not allowing for files to generated at this point in time.

1 Post
User

I have an error coming up when I insert our bank account number (Westpac). It's the correct number but get this message

"Make sure you've completed all sections of your bank account"

2 Posts
User

Hi there

I had processed my pay run before I read this so didn't enter all my staff's bank accounts. I've done it now.  The download button is there but I can't click on it.  Will I have to wait until next week to use this now?

Thanks

Stacey

MYOB Moderator
36,562 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Kayb

Just testing my Westpac account and it worked as intended allowing me to complete the setup. If you are in a different situation I would recommend ensuring that the bank account that has been entered is a valid account that allows for the upload of bank files for payments and it also doesn't contain any spaces or hyphens.

MYOB Product Team
6,265 Posts
MYOB Product Team

Hi @staceyv88

The Bank Files are created at time of Pay Run, if we have processed Pay Run before entering the Bank Details required for the Bank File then this won't be included until the next time we process a Pay for those Employees.

I see 2 options in this case:

1. Wait until the next Pay just as you said.

2. Delete & Re-enter the pays (If you have not paid them just yet)

Then you will be able to download the Bank File on the next finalised pay to bulk-pay your employees.

If you run into any troubles this, feel free to click Start a Post in the top right and we'll be happy to look into this with you.

1 Post
Cover User

Can you use this if you have employees who you have to pay into split accounts? and also if they have court fines etc that you need to pay into different accounts? 

MYOB Moderator
36,562 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @katrinah

You certainly can use this function if you split pays between multiple accounts be for payment to the employee or another purpose. You need to ensure that you have selected the Split pay between two accounts option in the Banking section of the employee's Employee details tab.  

For more information on splitting pays between bank accounts do refer to MYOB Essentials Help Article: Split a pay between multiple bank accounts

1 Post
User

Is this also available on your payroll product or just on essentials? 

MYOB Moderator
36,562 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @therealme

This update also applies to New Zealand Essentials Payroll only businesses as well as those with MYOB Essentials Accounting.

3 Posts
Cover User

I feel a little stupid but ive downloaded the file, saved it to a folder and im not sure what to do from here- i bank with Westpac, ive logged in but i cant find where to upload the file, someone help me please.

Partner
2,095 Posts
Partner

@Daycont

Hi,

Once you have logged into Westpac, select Payments » File Imports, then click the [IMPORT NEW FILE] button.

Hope that helps.

AlanT

3 Posts
Cover User

Thanks Alan I thought it may be that simple and I still can’t find it so I’m guessing you are logging in with business banking and not personal Westpac one? Thank you 

Partner
2,095 Posts
Partner

Hi @Daycont,

I only have one login, but I do have 3 profiles.  I think they are all business, but I do have personal accounts also and it still seems the same for me.

If you try the help section on the Westpac website, you should find it.

AlanT

Partner
2,095 Posts
Partner

Now that I think about it, one of the accounts I pay accounts this way is a personal account.

'tis a mystery.

AlanT

3 Posts
Cover User

Aha mystery solved- I followed your advice and searched the website & indeed you have to be using a business online log in, I found the following under the business online features:

• import payroll or creditor files from office payroll or your accounting package for processing

thank you very much for your helpSmiley Happy

Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Hi there, I love this Payroll bank file function.  It saves a lot of time.  When are you going to implement the same functionality for creditor payment batches.  It seems crazy that you can create a payroll bank file but not a creditor payment bank file.

Xero have a great system for this and I feel it is one area where MYOB Essentials is really lagging behind.

Please say this is happening soon!

Thanks,

Nicky