Forum Discussion

bentleighbowls
Contributing User
8 months ago
Solved

Confirm Company File

In July I had an error on opening the MYOB AccountRight application requiring that the Company File be confirmed:

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/Confirm-Company-File-Issue/td-p/825263

The issue was resolved when the Support team forwarded me a license file to upload. 

I have the same error on application startup now. I have uploaded the license file I received in July and that allows MYOB to open for that session only. I need to upload the license file each time I open the application.

Do I need a new license file that will persist each time the application is opened?  Hope you can help as the countdown is now down to 5 days.

Regards

Steve 

Leneth_A
    8 months ago

Hi bentleighbowls

Thank you for getting back to us and for clarifying some information for me. 

In this matter, if you are using the older AccountRight version (2013 - 2023.5), you would need to install the latest version of AccountRight to confirm your company file automatically. Please see this helpful article that has information about Getting the latest version. After updating to the latest version, you may confirm your company file by going to Help >> Confirm a File >> Select by Phone.  

If this does not help, I have also sent you a private message requesting the necessary information to assist you further. To access this, please click on your forum display picture in the top right-hand corner of your screen, then choose the envelope icon that appears. 

Please do not hesitate to return to the Community Forum if you have any further inquiries. Our team is always here to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth

11 Replies

• Hi bentleighbowls 

Confirmation with most MYOB company files is required every 60 days. You need to get a new licence file - you cannot keep re-using an old one as it has likely expired.

Regards

Gavin

bentleighbowls
      Contributing User

Thanks Gavin - please send me a new license file.

So will I now need to request a new license file via the Community Support service every 60 days or is there a more efficient way to do this?

Regards

Steve 

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi bentleighbowls 

You would need to speak to MYOB about this - I am not an employee, just a forum user like you. They would need to look into your account to determine why you cannot automatically confirm.

Regards

Gavin