Forum Discussion

Anniej
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Bank account glitch

I have called Myob 3 times last week with no one getting back to me.

We have an urgent problem needing solving as it escalates each week.  Myob is taking money off our bank account every Thursday with no transaction anywhere to show why.

Because of this error the account can't be reconciled.

This is URGENT!!!

• Hi Anniej 

Based on the screenshots of your reconciliation report and your bank statement it does look like you have matched all the transactions in that reconciliation with your bank account. Although you appear to have an error when you have reconciled the account, you have indicated that cleared transaction in your software is 3720.00 but in the bank statement it's 3270.00. You might want to look into that reconciliation error.

If you are still generating an out of balance with your reconciliation after correcting that situation I would recommend reviewing Help Article: Resolving out of balance bank reconciliations.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Anniej
    Experienced Cover User

Our Account Right program has started to take money off the bank account balance every week with no transaction anywhere to show it.  Bank acocunt can't be reconciled because of it and the problem is escalating.  This happened after the 2022.9 upgrade was installed.

• Hi Anniej 

You mentioned that your account balance is reducing but there is not transaction associated with that? Can you offer some more insight into that situation and perhaps a screenshot or two so we can further see what is occurring with that account.

Anniej
      Experienced Cover User

I have a screenshot of the bank account and reconciliation for one day when this happened but I am not prepared to put that company account information on the forum.  Happy to send it to an email, but woudl director does not want our company figures on the internet for all to see.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Anniej 

We do respect users' privacy and do recommend that any screenshots that are uploaded to the Forum that may contain sensitive information have that information removed from view either through manipulation of the view before taking the screenshot or editing the screenshot to blacken/obscure those points from view. Where that is not possible, the MYOB Moderator team can enable that information to be sent in for investigation through the Forum's private message system.

In relation to your query, do feel free to send me a private message with those screenshots. Note: You would need to have those screenshots in an image format and use the Photos option when composing the private message to send through that information.