Forum Discussion

annaprice
Contributing User
6 months ago
Solved

Bank feeds

Hi 

I am working with an AccountRight desktop file that is now being used in the online browser. In the past bank transactions have been imported in. I think it is best going forward to start bank feeds in the online file. Can you please advise our to avoid duplicate transactions from time of submitting the bank feed form to the bank feed actually starting while transactions are still being imported into the desktop file. 

Thank you

• Hi annaprice,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a great source of information.

In this matter, if you're using the AccountRight file desktop version and continuously importing bank transactions, you might need to pause or stop importing statements in your company file. Once you've applied for bank feeds and they've been set up and activated, transactions will start flowing into your file only after the bank feeds have been fully activated. This means that any transactions that occurred before the activation won't be retroactively fed into your file. If you're currently importing transactions manually into your desktop, you might want to pause those imports once the bank feeds application is in progress to avoid potential duplication once the feeds are active.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this. I'm here to help in any way I can.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

5 Replies

• Hi annaprice,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a great source of information.

In this matter, if you're using the AccountRight file desktop version and continuously importing bank transactions, you might need to pause or stop importing statements in your company file. Once you've applied for bank feeds and they've been set up and activated, transactions will start flowing into your file only after the bank feeds have been fully activated. This means that any transactions that occurred before the activation won't be retroactively fed into your file. If you're currently importing transactions manually into your desktop, you might want to pause those imports once the bank feeds application is in progress to avoid potential duplication once the feeds are active.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this. I'm here to help in any way I can.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

annaprice
      Contributing User

Thank you!

When I set the bank feeds up online, will the feed also come through the desktop version?

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi annaprice,

Thank you for your reply. 

If you’re using AccountRight Live, this gives you the freedom to work via the desktop or in the cloud (online) version, so you can work anytime, anywhere. This means that your transaction will flow through your AccountRight desktop file, just as it would with accessing your file online. For further information, kindly refer to this Help article: About Bank feeds.

Please let me know if you require further assistance. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess