Forum Discussion

JNett
User
4 months ago
Solved

bank feeds

We submitted forms for a client's two new bank accounts in November.  I expected the bank feeds to start within the 10 days and requested the client download qif transactions in the interim.  The client can't figure out how - that's one issue - but sent me the statement.  I can't enter them manually and when I went to check on the bank feeds it says "rejection email sent".  I've asked the client to check for the emails so I can see what has gone wrong.  But the tricky thing is, it says I can't link to an account until the bank feed starts so how am I supposed to enter transactions - manually or with an upload?  

Also, trying to find some support is a nightmare.  I've never been a big fan of MYOB but I think my blood pressure is sky high after trying to figure this one out.

• Hi JNett

Thanks for reaching out with your concerns.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with uploading bank statements and linking bank feeds. Just to clarify, the MYOB Business web app only supports QIF file uploads for bank statements. Unfortunately, these can't be added manually as you mentioned. For a better understanding of the process, you might find this article helpful: Import Bank and Credit Card Statements.

Regarding your other issue, please note that uploading a QIF file doesn't require a bank feed linked. QIF files are linked directly to the account, not the bank feed. So, you can upload a bank statement even before your first bank feed arrives and it's linked to a ledger account.

If you need more help or have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JNett

Thanks for reaching out with your concerns.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with uploading bank statements and linking bank feeds. Just to clarify, the MYOB Business web app only supports QIF file uploads for bank statements. Unfortunately, these can't be added manually as you mentioned. For a better understanding of the process, you might find this article helpful: Import Bank and Credit Card Statements.

Regarding your other issue, please note that uploading a QIF file doesn't require a bank feed linked. QIF files are linked directly to the account, not the bank feed. So, you can upload a bank statement even before your first bank feed arrives and it's linked to a ledger account.

If you need more help or have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Genreve