Forum Discussion

Michel-lci
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Export to Excel doesn't work

Hi

I am using AccountRight Plus Au 2021.4.0 and Office 365 on Windows 10 Pro.

When I try to export a MYOB report to Excel, nothing happens.  I do not get an error message, simply nothing at all happens.

I can export to .csv, .tsv, pdf with no problems.

I checked that the Excel templates  where located corrrectly - they were.  I unistalled and reinstalled MYOB, still doens't work.  The other person in the company using MYOB, with the same set up can export.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Melisa_D
    3 years ago

Hi Michel-lci

Thank you for attaching that. By looking at the error log it looks like you're experiencing a Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application error when connecting to Microsoft applications. Generally this error means that when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Excel is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office/Excel may have been previously installed on the computer, and components/values are left behind. This type of error can be fixed by one one of the following:

Do let u know how you go.

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Michel-lci 

Are you both using the same version of Office - my understanding is export etc only works with 32 bit Office not 64 Bit.

Regards

Gavin

Michel-lci
      Experienced User

HI Gavin

I am running 32 bit MS office.  Exporting to Excel worked fine until a couple of  months ago.  Then I started getting an error.  The next upgrade of MYOB fixed that.  It worked for a while and now has stopped working all together.

Regards

Michel

The_Doc
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Michel-lci 

Microsoft release and are currently releasing some real dodgey updates requiring hours of winding back auto-updates - sounds like an MS Office update possibly caused this problem. I know it happened to me with a client's MS Access application - all was well and an update created hell.

That is a hard porblem to solve - I would firstly uninstall MYOB and re-install as a 1st instance - it just may not have the integration connection correct are the update - there is a cmd line fix for this - it is the quick flash of a cmd box that opens and closes when you install MYOB - this is the MS Office integration.

Yes I believe the 32 bit version is the only version that works - however, tried to install MS Office 2019 32 bit on our servers and couldn't find the 32 bit version - am wondering whether 32  bit deprecated 

MYOB can you answer - is the 32 bit version still the only version that runs the export.

The Doc

• I'm having the same issue.  Have there been any updates on how to fix this?

Michel-lci
      Experienced User

Hi Terratest

No, there has been no solution provided.  

regards

Michel

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi Michel-lciTerratest 

Thank you for your posts. AccountRight is compatible with Office 2010 or later (32 bit), If you've uninstalled and reinstalled AccountRight I'd recommend checking to see if Excel is installed on your computer and not accessed via a web browser, if it is accessed via a web browser it won't work. 

If it is installed on your computer, can you please retrieve the diagnostic log the AccountRight file after attempting to export to excel so I can investigate further. 

MBLegADL
    Experienced Cover User

Having the same issue.  BAck in office yesterday after WFH - just went to export to excel and nothing!!

Seriously the timing could not be worse - how many other companies are going through audit, finalising eofy etc.. and now MYOB does this.. 

The fault with ETP screwing up in STP was enough... but MYOB you are killing me atm..

Did as others have indicated - sometimes you have to locate and copy all the spreadsheet files as on some updates this was an issue.. 

WHY all of a sudden with 2021.4 has this now screwed up?? and it's not liek we have a choice to upgrade or not since you now decide when the update happens.

this is atrocious.

Melisa_D
      Former Staff

Hi MBLegADL

The error log you've provided indicates that a folder is missing from the Spreadsheet folder when trying to export to excel, 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\Current\Reports\Spreadsheet\PAYSUM.XLT'
      this can generally be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling AccountRight.
        MBLegADL
        Experienced Cover User

Thanks,

Or a lot easier - now that you gave me where MYOB is looking for this version - I just copied and pasted the files from the previous version that were in a different location.

Sorted.

It would have been helpful to know that this upgrade was going to have a new location for these files. 

Cheers...