Forum Discussion

Maureenn
Experienced Cover User
12 months ago
Solved

Accidental Super payment to under 18 employee

Hi I accidently paid super to an under 18 employee who worked less than 30 hours. Our pay run is weekly. Can I put negative amount in his super in the next pay run to adjust it? Can I do a new payrun with all amounts zero and keep super amount negative and record it? What is the best way to do it? I use MYOB Accountright.

• Hi Maureenn 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

The first option putting a negative amount in his super in the next pay run to adjust it, is a workaround. The other way through this is reversing the employee's pay and reprocess. 

However this option can only be done if you just accidentally include the super in the pay run and not in the Pay super window. Since reversing the whole Pay super transaction takes time to process.

Can I please confirm that the Super payment is not yet process and paid in the Pay super window? If yes, reversing the pay run is the best option.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Princess

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Maureenn 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

The first option putting a negative amount in his super in the next pay run to adjust it, is a workaround. The other way through this is reversing the employee's pay and reprocess. 

However this option can only be done if you just accidentally include the super in the pay run and not in the Pay super window. Since reversing the whole Pay super transaction takes time to process.

Can I please confirm that the Super payment is not yet process and paid in the Pay super window? If yes, reversing the pay run is the best option.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Princess

Maureenn
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you, I have charged negative super in the last pay cycle. Luckily it was not processed in the paysuper window.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Maureenn 

Thanks for letting us know about this. It's good to hear that it has been resolved. Please feel free to post again if you have further queries.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Maureenn 

Please let us know if you still need an assistance regarding with your concern. And if the resolution provided above was able to answer your query, kindly click on "Accept as Solution".

Best regards,

Doreen