Forum Discussion

Keldona
Contributing Cover User
12 months ago
Solved

PAYG Not calculating in payruns as of recent update

Since the upgrade in December 2022, the PAYG has not been calculating for the payruns. It keeps going to $0.00 PAYG tax unless I change it manually. Before the upgrade, the PAYG has been calculating as normal. Now since the upgrade, all but one staff member have not had their PAYG deducted as seen in reference below.

I have attached an image of last weeks payrun, and as you can see, all but one staff member has had PAYG deducted.

Please can someone help me find a solution!

• Upon much research and waiting around for someone to help. I got a hold of the live chat asisstant, and was able to solve this problem today.

Somehow from the update back in late december 2022, PAYG had been marked as an exemption on a few of the Pay Items in my payroll. See screenshot below. Therefore with the PAYG selected as exempted on particluar Pay Items (e.g. Base Hourly, etc...) it meant that PAYG will not be calculated at all.

I had to go through all Pay Items and search and delete the PAYG that had been arbitrarily been selected under the Exceptions heading.

Hope this helps some lost people out there.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Keldona 

Thank you so much for your post. Can you please check the employee card file under payroll details >> taxes >> check if PAYG is on the allocated tax pay items. 

Regards,
    Earl

Keldona
      Contributing Cover User

Thank you for your time to reply to this. We had already checked this in each employee card and they all have PAYG allocated. 
      Thankfully this situation is now solved as per previous reply on my own post. Thanks again for your reply.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Keldona 

Thank you so much for the information and the solution. Feel free to post again and we're happy to help.

Regards,
        Earl

Keldona
    Contributing Cover User

Upon much research and waiting around for someone to help. I got a hold of the live chat asisstant, and was able to solve this problem today.

Somehow from the update back in late december 2022, PAYG had been marked as an exemption on a few of the Pay Items in my payroll. See screenshot below. Therefore with the PAYG selected as exempted on particluar Pay Items (e.g. Base Hourly, etc...) it meant that PAYG will not be calculated at all.

I had to go through all Pay Items and search and delete the PAYG that had been arbitrarily been selected under the Exceptions heading.

Hope this helps some lost people out there.