Forum Discussion

NickyS1
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Paid an employee with 2 payments - rerun doesn't record split payment transactions

Hi,   I did a payrun recently where one of the employees had an incorrect amount of tax withheld.  They are under 18 & should have had no tax deducted from their pay but I didn't notice this & paid...
    LRBooks61
    2 years ago

Hi again

so you have the payrun in the bank in myob 

I am assuming that this payrun transaction that  you have sitting in the bank account in MYOB reflects the correct payroll amount in total

eg $2150 in total but the bank statement has two transactions eg $2000 and then the additional 150

and to match the transaction seems impossible as there is only the one payroll but the two transactions 

if that is correct I suggest

match the payroll transaction with the first payment and on the right hand side you can do an adjustment ( in purple)

allocate the difference to the payroll clearing account ( set this up if you need to)

so you  match the $2000 payment in bank feeds with the payroll transaction and then add the adjustment as payroll clearing account with a minus $150

then when the $150 needs to be allocated assign it to the payroll clearing account

the myob payroll transaction is reconciled and the payroll clearing account cancels each other out

hope that I have properly understood and this suggestion helps

Lisa