Forum Discussion

JackieSchu
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Creating or adjusting invoices not working

Hi this is a ongoing issue in which i need a modertor to use their script over my file. Unfortuantely its the only way to clear the error and I need it done every few days. The online chat cant help with this. No one has given a reason why this needs to be done and it just goes around in circles every 2-3 days until a moderator goes over the file using some script.

Can someone please help to clear the error message again so I can continue to edit and create invoices.

Ive cleared history and cache and tried using different browsers especially Chrome which is apparently most compatible with MYOB.

• Hi JackieSchu 

As you're getting that error regularly can I get you to check there is both a linked receivables and linked payables account in the file:

To check the linked receivables account

1. Choose Manage Linked Accounts from the Accounting menu
    2. Click Sales
    3. Check the Asset account for tracking receivables has an account selected
    4. If this field is empty this would generally be the Trade Debtors account

To check the linked payables account

2. Click Purchases
    3. Check the Liability account for tracking receivables has an account selected
    4. If this field is empty this would generally be the Trade Creditors account

Let me know how you go with that.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi JackieSchu 

As you're getting that error regularly can I get you to check there is both a linked receivables and linked payables account in the file:

To check the linked receivables account

2. Click Sales
    3. Check the Asset account for tracking receivables has an account selected
    4. If this field is empty this would generally be the Trade Debtors account

To check the linked payables account

2. Click Purchases
    3. Check the Liability account for tracking receivables has an account selected
    4. If this field is empty this would generally be the Trade Creditors account

Let me know how you go with that.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

JackieSchu
      Experienced User

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for replying to my issue, yes both sales and purchases have accounts linked to receivables and payables.

Kind Regards 

Jackie