Forum Discussion

Wendy1234
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Emailing invoice - unrecognised error

Hi,

trying to email through invoices and getting this message on an invoice that was created before the horrific upgrade. Have never had any trouble emailing before to this customer before the upgrade. Any suggestions?

I have attached the message.

Tracey_H
    3 years ago

Hi Wendy1234 

If the email settings are correct that error is typically caused by a selling price being entered as a negative. You'll need to edit the invoice so that the No of units is a negative and the Unit price is a positive.

Please let us know how you go.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Wendy1234

Thank you for your post. I'd recommend checking your email defaults by going to the sales settings menu to see if there is any of the email default messages have the following, if they do they will need to be removed:

• Special (non alphanumeric) characters
    • A space as the first character in any fields
    • A space as the last character in any fields

Please click into each field and scroll right to the very end of the message to check for any spaces as the last character like you can see in the below screenshot:

Please do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Wendy1234
      Trusted Cover User

Hi ... i have checked and there are no characters, etc as you mentioned.

I can send emails for the new sales I have created since the upgrade but this is for sending overdue invoices where the customer has requested their overdue invoice be emailed, say back from October 2021 for example. There was no issue sending invoices before the upgrade.

thankyou

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Wendy1234 

If the email settings are correct that error is typically caused by a selling price being entered as a negative. You'll need to edit the invoice so that the No of units is a negative and the Unit price is a positive.

Please let us know how you go.