Forum Discussion

7 months ago
Solved

Close Purchase Order

Hi,

I am trying to clean up MYOB.
I have some old open purchase orders which look to have been paid outside the purchase order request. They are from previous financial years and need to be closed.
Is there a way to close the purchase order, to make it disappear from my purchase orders outstanding report.
I cant delete the purchase orders as they are from previous financial years and can not see a way to process a return (using accountright 2023.9.0)
Please advise

• Hi Earl,

Thanks for you message and assistance. It is very much appreciated.

I have managed to create a credit note for the purchase order which has closed it and resolved the issue.

Thanks again,

Helen

4 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HelenCl1,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

My apologies for the late response. Certainly, it is indeed possible to delete transactions from previous years. Notably, a purchase order has no impact on the ledger as it solely serves as an order, involving neither deductions nor additions.

To ensure accuracy and prevent unintended actions, kindly verify whether the lock period is currently enabled and if the delete transaction option is disabled. Moreover, it's essential to consider additional factors that may prevent transaction deletion, such as your assigned user role, the requirement for the transaction to fall within the current financial year, and the restriction of transactions within a locked period. If the purchases in question occurred in a previous financial year, I suggest reaching out to your accountant for guidance on the most suitable way to address those transactions.

For further insights into the process of deleting transactions, please consult our help article titled "Deleting a transaction".

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HelenCl1,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl

HelenCl1
      User

Hi Earl,

Thanks for you message and assistance. It is very much appreciated.

I have managed to create a credit note for the purchase order which has closed it and resolved the issue.

Thanks again,

Helen

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi HelenCl1,

Thank you for informing us that your issue has been resolved and for sharing the solution. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to reach out, and we'll be glad to help.

Regards,
        Earl