Forum Discussion

CT-56
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Customer credit now a donation

I have a customer who has a credit on their account for parts not required and now after some time haven't used credit and want to give that to our business as a donation and not a credit to them.  We have parts in our stock.

How do I enter to Account right ? regards CT

• Hi CT-56 

The way I would deal with that situation would be:

1. Set up a holding account
      • Go to Accounts>>Accounts Lists>>New and give the account a number, a name and set the account type to Bank
    2. Once that account has been created, navigate to Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns and Credits
    3. Highlight that credit
    4. Select Recieve a refund - this will generate the Returns & Credits window
    5. Within this window, select that newly created bank account as the Deposit to Account
    6. Process the Settle Returns & Credits transaction as per normal

What the above process will do is clear off the credit and put that amount in that bank account. You can then journal it across to another account if required.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi CT-56 

The way I would deal with that situation would be:

1. Set up a holding account
      • Go to Accounts>>Accounts Lists>>New and give the account a number, a name and set the account type to Bank
    2. Once that account has been created, navigate to Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns and Credits
    3. Highlight that credit
    4. Select Recieve a refund - this will generate the Returns & Credits window
    5. Within this window, select that newly created bank account as the Deposit to Account
    6. Process the Settle Returns & Credits transaction as per normal

What the above process will do is clear off the credit and put that amount in that bank account. You can then journal it across to another account if required.