Forum Discussion

wesleyhillautos
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Duplicate supplier invoice numbers

Hi, I have been using the purchases in tray upload saved emailed invoices via the in tray, all working well until that last few weeks. We had a supplier change their bussiness information and invoicing system onn March 1 and since then MYOB is not warning for duplicate supplier invoice number and I have accidently recorded a few purchase invoices twice. It was working perfectly before. I have checked the Preferences and and it was set to 'warn for duplicate supplier invoice number' so upon reading some post's here I changed it to 'warn for duplicate supplier invoice number and Purchase order number' but this did not resolve the issue, which I didn't think it would because most invoices we recieve do not have a purchase order number only a supplier invoice number and are therefore entered using an auto generated purchase order number.

Would it have anything to do with how I added the new business information into a new supplier card?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated :)

Donna

• Hi Lisa, I did as you suggested but it didn't resolve the issue. I have figured it out now though, so posting so others can see.

When adding the invoice through the intray MYOB was pre-filling the previous supplier as the names were similar (Automotive Brands Group and AutoPro). I was changing these details, but I guess the system was not recognising it. I made the previous supplier card inactive then uploaded the invoice again. It then detected the new supplier and correclty pre-filled this information instead, then when I clicked create new bill it sucessful warned for the duplicate supplier invoice number :)

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi Donna,

Indeed you are correct, it is only looking at the new supplier info card so you need to manually check that haven't doubled up your invoices

Reconciling your Supplier Statements is also a great way to ensure invoices arent entered twice

You will need to determine which invoices belong to which supplier card and delete where possible

Hope this helps

Lisa

wesleyhillautos
      Contributing User

Hi Lisa, thank you for your reply.

The new supplier invoice numbers are different to the previous supplier invoice numbers eg 1090115 vs 115608 so they are not duplicating across the two cards, its only the new supplier invoices, which the system should be picking up and warning me about? eg I have two records for 113480,113759 and 115814 (see screen captures attached).

Also how do I reconcile supplier statements as you suggest?

Regards

Donna

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi Donna,

I wondered if it had something to do with coming in from the intray and checked - there have been issues in the past I see

One suggestion is to change your preference ( in both purchases and sales tabs) using the drop down arrow to both invoices and orders

Try that and test to see if it works .

In the meantime delete the duplicates.

To reconcile a supplier statement

When your receive the statement you check off the invoices on your myob file against it as you would a bank statement

You can use the aged report in the first instance to see if it is the same as the supplier and you know it is all good

If there is a discrepancy you can run a detailed report and check what is either missing or duplicated

Hope this helps

Lisa