Forum Discussion

DavidF1
Contributing User
5 months ago
Solved

Having Trouble recording a bill once it has been converted from an order

Hi I am using AccountRight Live and when I convert an order to a bill and then try to record it, Myob times out and tells me to try again. I have tried multiple times and keep getting the same message. This only happens for one particular Supplier and havent had a problem before with this Supplier or the items on the order.

Can somebody advise how to fix this?

Thanks David

• Hi Celia,

Thanks for your reply. 

I actually used a solution that another User posted a few years ago, when the items currently have zero stock.

This worked for me as well.

As the 3 items concerned had zero stock the solution was to add 1 item to each at a nominal value via a stock adjustment.

Then I was able to record the orders as bills without any problem. I then deleted the stock adjustment from the system.

Can you please advise why AccountRight has this isssue and why it has not been rectified since that post several years ago.

Also how can I stop this from happening again?

Cheers

David 

3 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DavidF1,

Thank you for your post. 

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulty in converting an order to a bill and you received an error message. To check on the issue, can you please try to see if you can be able to do so by creating a sample bill with the same items but a different supplier? If it fails for a different supplier, then try changing the item. This is to identify what is the root cause of the issue, whether it is from the supplier or the item.  

We also recommend checking the linked account for purchase by going to Setup >> Linked accounts >> Purchase Accounts >> and ensure that "I track deposits paid to suppliers" is ticked and has an account selected. 

Let me know how you go with this. If you still need assistance or if you have other questions and concerns, please contact us again. We are more than happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

DavidF1
      Contributing User

Hi Celia,

Thanks for your reply. 

I actually used a solution that another User posted a few years ago, when the items currently have zero stock.

This worked for me as well.

As the 3 items concerned had zero stock the solution was to add 1 item to each at a nominal value via a stock adjustment.

Then I was able to record the orders as bills without any problem. I then deleted the stock adjustment from the system.

Can you please advise why AccountRight has this isssue and why it has not been rectified since that post several years ago.

Also how can I stop this from happening again?

Cheers

David 

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi DavidF1,

Thank you so much for the update. We are happy to hear that our previous post helped you resolve this problem. Since this is significant to your business, I recognize how inconvenient you find this situation to be. We will raise this concern with our appropriate staff and investigate this matter. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. 

If you still need assistance or if you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again or create a new post. We are more than happy to help.

Kind Regards, 

Cel