Forum Discussion

Feebie
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

MYOB Pricing change to Subscriptions

Hi there - I have just received an email regarding "An Update to MYOB Subscriptions" - which I find a little confusing and I would like someone to direct email me so I can understand what is changing & when;  & also acquire the new pricing if it does affect ME.  I can provide subscription details by DM.

At the moment I have a primary subscription (MYOB Account Right Live) at a full price, then additional subscriptions (to the same account right live) under the same serial number at a reduced rate.

If someone could please advise by direct message & make it clear to me (please do not cut and paste the email that went out! - I would like specifics as it applies to ME):

1. Is MY price structure going to change?

2. If it is going to change, then when is it changing and what MY new pricing will be

Thank you :)

• Yes - that's exactly it!  Turns out the subscriptions for the companies I do work for, which I have been passing on the benefit of the discount as they are very long time clients, are now each being doubled each month with one month notice - after goodness knows how many years.  They have all been under my account which I pay per month by DD without ever missing a beat.

We like using the Acc Right Plus App - its user friendly and everyone who has been shown what to do for either invoicing or their own payroll, know exactly what to do & how to do it - it flows.  So, MYOB is actually going to be the loser here unfortunately.  I have moved them all to either Businss Pro or Business Lite - and even though we can no longer use the App after this month - being as though the subscription is just over doubling for each client, the cost savings are going to be worth it. 

We would have been more than happy to keep the subscription the way it was, but the new fee structure from MYOB has led to us downsizing all the company data files, and we are now going to be paying much less than we were.  Yes there will be a learning curve as no-one likes change, but hopefully it will become normal and the tasks my clients perform are fairly standardised and on repeat.  Using the web browser instead of the app will also provide another skill set & familiarity with web based software for the clients - if for whatever reason a shift to Xero becomes an option, it wont be such a different ball game for them to grasp.  So a win for us really in nearly halving our subscription fees, & opening our choices.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    son1a
    Experienced Cover User

Sounds like I am in the same boat as you!  I believe it means that we are going to pay full price for each company file.

Feebie
      Trusted Cover User

Yes - that's exactly it!  Turns out the subscriptions for the companies I do work for, which I have been passing on the benefit of the discount as they are very long time clients, are now each being doubled each month with one month notice - after goodness knows how many years.  They have all been under my account which I pay per month by DD without ever missing a beat.

We like using the Acc Right Plus App - its user friendly and everyone who has been shown what to do for either invoicing or their own payroll, know exactly what to do & how to do it - it flows.  So, MYOB is actually going to be the loser here unfortunately.  I have moved them all to either Businss Pro or Business Lite - and even though we can no longer use the App after this month - being as though the subscription is just over doubling for each client, the cost savings are going to be worth it. 

We would have been more than happy to keep the subscription the way it was, but the new fee structure from MYOB has led to us downsizing all the company data files, and we are now going to be paying much less than we were.  Yes there will be a learning curve as no-one likes change, but hopefully it will become normal and the tasks my clients perform are fairly standardised and on repeat.  Using the web browser instead of the app will also provide another skill set & familiarity with web based software for the clients - if for whatever reason a shift to Xero becomes an option, it wont be such a different ball game for them to grasp.  So a win for us really in nearly halving our subscription fees, & opening our choices.

Hannah_V
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Feebie thanks for reaching out!

If you'll be needing further discussion regarding your Account subscription, I'm happy to help.

Kindly send me a private message with the following information:

• Serial Number
        • First and Last Name
        • Company Name

Regards,

Hannah