Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Negative inventory Value

Hi we are trying to goods received some items and myob keeps timing out.
Looked more deeper into it and found out we have a few items in inventory that are -5.6834318860808E-14 or other crazy numbers. We are online based, what are the options to remove or make them 0 stock, thanks.

• Hi LindaCOZ

Thanks for that. I've had the script run over your file, please do let me know how it goes. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi LindaCOZ

Thank you for your post. We do have a script that we can run over your file that should resolve this, can you please confirm the last 4 digits of your product serial number and your file ID (This can be found by going to Help > About MYOB AccountRight). Also, please make sure to take a back up of your file before we do do this. 

LindaCOZ
      User

Thanks, last 4 is 9290 file Id is 2, we'll run a backup now so should be done soon.

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi LindaCOZ

Thanks for that. I've had the script run over your file, please do let me know how it goes. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Josh2
      Contributing User

Hi Melissa,
      Could i please request that i get MYOB to run scripts on my file. There was an invoice with some steel on it totalling roughly $790 and one product line created a $252 billion credit to our inventory account. Once billed out to the customer it altered the purchases account by roughly $5.5 billion.

Last 4 digits: 1027

ID: 1

I will have to do a back up of the file so could you please let me know when the scripts will be run and it will take a while to do a backup

Thankyou

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi Josh2

Thanks for your post. I'm happy to run the script over your file, are you able to provide a screenshot of the value of one of the items ? 

Once you've taken a back up please let me know a time between 9am-5pm Melbourne time so that I can arrange the script to be run over your file. 

Nics
    Contributing Cover User

Negative inventory in many different areas on goods, I havent been able to fix this, 

Can this effect GST on purchases? 

_28, -18 - 2 etc 

I dont understand why this happens. 

We are online based, what are the options to remove or make them 0 stock

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi Nics 

As you can see from image posted by Josh2 MYOB's inventory module 'needs some work'. These things happen due to coding errors in the software.

You can adjust the on hand count to 0 by doing an Inventory Adjustment Journal however it might be best to get MYOB to run some scripts over the file. These can resolve some of the issues, temporarily at least. Contact a moderator such as Melisa_D 

Longer term, turning off 'I Inventory' can be complex but should solve the problems. Send me a private message if you want to pursue turning off 'I Inventory'.

Regards

Gavin