Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Rectify negative inventory value

i have the situation which it can't be explained why the total purchase in the system is diffrently from the invoice amount. When i want to change to the correct value, it prompted me message : " processing this purchase will leave the item with a positive on hand quantity and a negative value on inventory.

what is the solution to rectify this?

• Hi juljamejake 

AccountRight does not allow negative inventory values, so if the transaction you are trying to record would reduce the inventory value to be below 0 you'd receive an error. 

Please go to Item List and click into that item and take note of the Current Value field, this figure is the starting point when recording any inventory adjustments affecting inventory values, and this figure cannot be negative. Therefore, please do review the transaction you are looking to record and adjust the figures accordingly.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi juljamejake 

AccountRight does not allow negative inventory values, so if the transaction you are trying to record would reduce the inventory value to be below 0 you'd receive an error. 

Please go to Item List and click into that item and take note of the Current Value field, this figure is the starting point when recording any inventory adjustments affecting inventory values, and this figure cannot be negative. Therefore, please do review the transaction you are looking to record and adjust the figures accordingly.