Forum Discussion

microheat
Experienced Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

Inventory - Showing negative stock

Hi,

When I try to lock the latest accounting period in MYOB I receive a warning message telling me that I have some negative stock and that there may be a problem down the line. 

Given that we don't record negative stock, I did a quick review and noticed that an end of year adjustment seems to have had a glitch and is recording a minus quantity that is over 16 decimal places long (or -0.00000000000000038857805861880500 to be exact).

This doesnt show up on any report - only via the inventory items list - and hasn't occurred before. Please see attachment for screenshot.

How can I fix this to ensure that the value is zero and perhaps more importantly to stop this from happening again. To be honest we have encountered numerous inventory/foreign currency glitches over the past few months that we cannot explain that I feel I could spend all day on this forum with one thing or another.

A simple answer to this would be good for starters.

Thanks 

MicroHeat

• Hi, thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. 

Thank you for your effort in bringing your concern to us and we apologize that you're having issues with your inventory that is showing negative stock and long decimal places. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.  

I have located your company file using the email address associated to your account and I have arranged to run a script over your online company file to resolve the issue. You may check it by restarting AccountRight then accessing the file again.  

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.  

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.  

Cheers,  
    Leneth

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. 

Thank you for your effort in bringing your concern to us and we apologize that you're having issues with your inventory that is showing negative stock and long decimal places. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.  

I have located your company file using the email address associated to your account and I have arranged to run a script over your online company file to resolve the issue. You may check it by restarting AccountRight then accessing the file again.  

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.  

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.  

Cheers,  
    Leneth

microheat
      Experienced Cover User

Many thanks for your prompt help.

It has halved fixed the problem in that the negative number has disappeared, but I am still getting the attached error message when I try to lock the month within the security tab.

Any idea why this message should be showing up and can you fix it?

Cheers

MH

Diamond1
      User

Hello Leneth

I also have issues with negative stock values. Can you have a look at our file at all?  One stock value -5.20417042793042E-18

Thanks

Liane

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Diamond1,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues in your Inventory. We do have an online script to run to fix this issue, can you please confirm the last four digits of your Serial Number and Company File ID? 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
        Regards,
        Earl