Luckyrooh1
Contributing User
14 days ago
Solved

Sales Order

Subject: Clarification on Deleting or Reversing Sales Order in FY2024

Hi Team,

I hope this email finds you well.

Our client has identified a Sales Order from 2021 that did not proceed and wishes to have it deleted as part of their FY2024 bookkeeping cleanup. However, we need to ensure that this action will not have any unintended consequences on the balances of inventory and purchases from prior years up to FY2023.

Here are some questions and considerations regarding this matter:

1. Will deleting this order affect the balances of inventory and purchases from prior years up to FY2023?
  2. If deletion does not impact previous year balances, can we proceed with deleting the order right away?
  3. We've come across information suggesting that instead of deleting the order, MYOB may propose to "reverse the order." In this case, what should we advise our client: to delete or to reverse the order?
  4. What is the difference between deleting an order and reversing it?

Your insights and guidance on how best to handle this situation would be greatly appreciated.

• Hi Luckyrooh1,

Thanks for reaching out!

When deleting an order, this may affect your inventory but the purchases will not. I would suggest reversing the order instead of deleting it. This way, a record or trail will be retained. Regarding your question on what to advise to your client whether to delete or to reverse, it is always best to speak with your accountant for more information. Lastly, he difference between deleting or reversing an order would be; when you delete an order, this will be permanently removed from your records. On the other hand, reversing a transaction would mean retaining a record of the sale.

You may click here for more information.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Luckyrooh1,

Thanks for reaching out!

When deleting an order, this may affect your inventory but the purchases will not. I would suggest reversing the order instead of deleting it. This way, a record or trail will be retained. Regarding your question on what to advise to your client whether to delete or to reverse, it is always best to speak with your accountant for more information. Lastly, he difference between deleting or reversing an order would be; when you delete an order, this will be permanently removed from your records. On the other hand, reversing a transaction would mean retaining a record of the sale.

You may click here for more information.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen