Forum Discussion

KerryStreet
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

"Automatically Adjust base hourly or base salary details"

HI,

I have just noticed this check box option onthe bottom of payroll category boxes.

"Automatically adjust base hourly or base salary details"

I am in the holiday pay category and this box at the bottom is not checked by default.

When you hover over it says "If this category is used to pay leave entitlements, select this option. When you enter leave amounts on a pay, the base horly/salary amount will adjust automatically."

Do I tick the box for as the category is holiday pay?

Could anyone explain this checkbox? 

• Hi KerryStreet,

Thank you for your post.

If this category will be used to record leave that’s paid instead of their normal hourly rate or salary, such as Personal Leave or Annual Leave, select the Automatically Adjust Base Hourly or Base Salary Details option. When you record leave amounts, the base pay amounts will be adjusted for the amount of leave paid. For example, an employee's standard pay is 38 hours, however, 7.6 hours of annual leave is then entered for this period so the setting will automatically reduce the base hourly hours to 30.4. 

If you have any further queries with this, please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi KerryStreet,

Thank you for your post.

If this category will be used to record leave that’s paid instead of their normal hourly rate or salary, such as Personal Leave or Annual Leave, select the Automatically Adjust Base Hourly or Base Salary Details option. When you record leave amounts, the base pay amounts will be adjusted for the amount of leave paid. For example, an employee's standard pay is 38 hours, however, 7.6 hours of annual leave is then entered for this period so the setting will automatically reduce the base hourly hours to 30.4. 

If you have any further queries with this, please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.