Forum Discussion

Ruwani
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll - Directors Fee

Hi

I haven't paid the directors fee via payroll and I would like to find out how to set up the directors fee and process it via STP 2.

The director's fee needs to be paid Quarterly.

Thanks in Advance.

• Hi Ruwani 

Thanks for your post. You would need to set up the director as an employee, create a payroll category for director fees and process payroll as normal. In STP Phase 2 there is a new ATO reporting category, Director's fees, payments assigned this reporting category will be reported to the ATO as director fees.

Add an employee

Payroll categories

Assign ATO reporting categories

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ruwani 

Thanks for your post. You would need to set up the director as an employee, create a payroll category for director fees and process payroll as normal. In STP Phase 2 there is a new ATO reporting category, Director's fees, payments assigned this reporting category will be reported to the ATO as director fees.

Add an employee

Payroll categories

Assign ATO reporting categories

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.