Forum Discussion

rosalie1
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll information not showing in YTD verification report

Hi 

I have been on the phone waiting for about 3 hours so decided to post here.  

I am busy doing the year end finalisation for payroll.  My records in MYOB Accountright are all good.  I have checked that the payroll summary equals the payment register summary report match.  The STP amounts reported to the ATO are correct.  I have checked each weeks total (we do weekly pays) to the total in the payroll advise summary.  However when I open up the YTD verification report some employees are showing no gross wages or PAYG and some are showing incorrect amounts.  

The totals for Gross wages, PAYG and super do not match and are completely wrong.

Please can you let me know how I can fix this problem.

Thank you.

• Hi rosalie1 

If you've moved to STP Phase 2 the new ATO reporting categories, like Overtime, Bonuses, Paid leave, are reported separately not included in gross payments. So that's one thing to check when reconciling your payroll reports.

Make sure the Payroll activity report and Payroll register report match. 

Processing a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June can refresh the YTD verification report, but wait until that $0 pay is accepted by the ATO before rechecking the YTD verification report.

Terminated employees will need their termination date removed and card made active before processing that $0 pay. Once their Summary of payments report is correct you can re-enter the termination date and make the card inactive. 

Please let me know how you go.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    rosalie1
    Contributing User

Hi 

Yes I have this same issue, not just terminated employees.  Some of my employees are showing no gross wages even though they worked the whole year.  I have checked the payoll reports in MYOB are correct, the information sent to the ATO is correct but the verification report is completely wrong.

I have sent a message to MYOB as well and have been on hold with MYOB for more than 4 hours!!!!

I have no idea how to correct this apart from unterminating everyone that terminated during the year and doing a $0 pay run for everyone again.  Not sure if this will fix the issue???

Andrew30
    Contributing User

I have already done what you suggested, it only correct it for some of the terminated employees but not all

rosalie1
      Contributing User

Yes this did not correct all of my issues either.  My individual records are also wrong.  They are showing no super guarantee or PAYG for some?

I honestly dont know what to do anymore!

Andrew30
        Contributing User

The joy of terrible software support and call centres in South Africa! No wonder everyone is moving away from MYOB!

• Hi rosalie1 

If you've moved to STP Phase 2 the new ATO reporting categories, like Overtime, Bonuses, Paid leave, are reported separately not included in gross payments. So that's one thing to check when reconciling your payroll reports.

Make sure the Payroll activity report and Payroll register report match. 

Processing a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June can refresh the YTD verification report, but wait until that $0 pay is accepted by the ATO before rechecking the YTD verification report.

Terminated employees will need their termination date removed and card made active before processing that $0 pay. Once their Summary of payments report is correct you can re-enter the termination date and make the card inactive. 

Please let me know how you go.

Sofra1
      User

All my terminated employees are showing as incorrectpayroll category therefore cannot process O$ payroll roll. I have been to the card and checked categories. They appear correct as Gross payments.

How do i rectify.

rosalie1
      Contributing User

Hi Tracey,

Thanks.  My verification report is now correct.  Apart from that it is not showing the meal allowances seperately - I assume that this is because it is part of the gross wages?  When I did my payroll categories for allowances the only valid option I had was gross wages - is this correct?

Apart from that all my individual records are now correct and so is my verification report.

Thank you for your help.