Forum Discussion

9 months ago
Solved

Superannuation

After receiving my annual membership statement from my superfund, i have now realised the payroll went through but the super did not. Why is this? and what is to be done about it?

• Hi, Ginny17 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If the payroll has been processed, the super contribution will not be processed automatically. To process a super contribution, kindly go to Payroll > Pay superannuation > Make sure to select the correct bank account from which you are paying super > Select the correct Payment Start Date and Payment End Date. Once done, you may need to tick the transactions of the payments that you want to process and then hit Record. For further information when processing super, kindly check The Help Article: Make superannuation payments.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Ginny17 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If the payroll has been processed, the super contribution will not be processed automatically. To process a super contribution, kindly go to Payroll > Pay superannuation > Make sure to select the correct bank account from which you are paying super > Select the correct Payment Start Date and Payment End Date. Once done, you may need to tick the transactions of the payments that you want to process and then hit Record. For further information when processing super, kindly check The Help Article: Make superannuation payments.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

Ginny17
      User

Thank you Doreen,

I have implemented the steps you advise and I know that I used 'manage payments'  under super paymments to approve the super payments.

My annual report on payroll activity shows the super is exactly the right amount it should be. Hence I did not have any need to worry.

Also if I 'had' missed processing the May super in manage payments, I would have seen May still sitting there and cleared it when I processed June. 

There seems to be a glitch and i am concerned as it has happened again in this financial year.

Regards,

Ginny17

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Ginny17 

Thanks for your response.

You are welcome. Please feel free to reach out to us if you require any further assistance with your concern. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen

• I have done all that. this was set up by my accountants and has worked successfully up until now. As I only received my membership statement from my superfund this month I only found out that my May super had disappeared. Any help on this please