Forum Discussion

EESA
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Unable to process payroll

I am unable to process my fortnightly payroll.  After clicking "process all employess with fortnightly pays and entering the pay period dates and payment date, the box below shows the message "No records exist or match your criteria" and I can go no further.

I have checked the employee cards and there are no changes there.  The last payroll shows in the reports and we have made no changes to our system setup.  The software version is 2021.3.0.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EESA
    3 years ago

Thank you Steven,

Problem has been solved.

It was a fault with the display on the computer I was using - the "next" button wasn't displaying, it was missing all together so I couldn't go any further.

When moving to another computer, all was normal and payroll could be processed as usual.

Our IT people don't know what happened, but I now have a new compter and screen!

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi EESA 

When going to the Payroll>>Process Payroll, on the Pay Period window, if you have any timesheets listed for the pay period for your employees then that table will be blank i.e. show the following:

This is the normal standard behaviour of the software and selecting Next> would be the requirement to proceed to the next stage of the Process Payroll process. This would give you the Employee pays window where you can enter the amounts per employee (if different to the standard pay of the employee).

If you do pay your employee's via timesheet, I would make that you have the required pay period start and end dates listed. You would also need to ensure that you have entered your timesheets via Payroll>>Enter Timesheets for the same period.

EESA
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Steven,

Problem has been solved.

It was a fault with the display on the computer I was using - the "next" button wasn't displaying, it was missing all together so I couldn't go any further.

When moving to another computer, all was normal and payroll could be processed as usual.

Our IT people don't know what happened, but I now have a new compter and screen!